Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Xi Shen

Default does the "aqua" use flag still valid in gentoo 2008?

hi,

i want to try to enable the "aqua" flag with my kde. but it is
displayed as "(-aqua)" when i try to emerge kde. i searched the
network, and people say it is disabled by my profile. i am using the
"default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop" profile. which profile should i use
to enable this use flag?

--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
http://meme.yahoo.com/davidshen84/

Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:56:39 +0800, Xi Shen wrote:

> i want to try to enable the "aqua" flag with my kde. but it is
> displayed as "(-aqua)" when i try to emerge kde. i searched the
> network, and people say it is disabled by my profile. i am using the
> "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop" profile. which profile should i use
> to enable this use flag?

Stick with the profile you are most happy with and modify it
in /etc/portage/profile. In this case

echo "-aqua" >>/etc/portage/profile/use.mask

man portage explains more.

--
Neil Bothwick

If it doesn't fit, you're not using a big enough hammer.