Old 01-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Walt Rarus

Default emerging gentoo-sources failing due to file collisions

per Helmut Jarausch:
rm -rf /usr/src/linux-2.6.31-gentoo-r6
followed by re-emerge of gentoo-sources-2.6.31-r6
worked!
Thanks, Helmut
P.S. The mystery remains how those conflicting files got there in the first place. Certainly not by any conscious act on my part.

But, at this point I don't really care because things are back in balance again. **