Old 01-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Etaoin Shrdlu

Default firefox addons system wide installation?

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_extensions#Global_installation

Old 01-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Brahim LARCHET

Le 06/01/2010 13:38, Etaoin Shrdlu a écrit :
> On Wednesday 06 January 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> how can I install addons for firefox 3.5.6 "system wide"
>> i.e., such that these are available to all users?
>>
>> (AFAIK, the standard method installs them local to each user)
>>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_extensions#Global_installation

equery files mozilla-firefox | grep extensions

gives me

/usr/lib64/mozilla-firefox/extensions/

Old 01-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Hazen Valliant-Saunders

I think you are confusing add-ons with extensions.

--
Hazen Valliant-Saunders
IT/IS Consultant

Old 01-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Etaoin Shrdlu

On Wednesday 06 January 2010, Hazen Valliant-Saunders wrote:

> I think you are confusing add-ons with extensions.

I might be wrong, but in my understanding "add-on" is a generic term that
includes at least themes and extensions (if not even plugins). So I suppose
the OP meant "extensions" rather than add-ons.