Old 01-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Francesco Talamona

Default Services order/hierarchy

Is it there a tool or command in gentoo to see "a la emerge --tree" the
inter-dependencies and boot order of services?

I know about cinit [1] but I never used it, because I'm looking for a
way to see at a glance without rebooting. Imagine a tool for confronting
two different servers without downtime.

TIA
Francesco

[1] http://www.nico.schottelius.org/software/cinit/

--
Linux Version 2.6.32-gentoo-r1, Compiled #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 31
19:05:16 CET 2009