Old 01-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Xi Shen

Default kde 4.3 + compiz = no window border

hi,

when i replace the kde windows manager with compiz, all windows lost
their window border, and i cannot move the window. how can i fix this?

--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
http://meme.yahoo.com/davidshen84/

Old 01-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Ngoc Nguyen Bao

when i replace the kde windows manager with compiz, all windows lost

their window border, and i cannot move the window. how can i fix this?

--

Best Regards,

David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/

http://meme.yahoo.com/davidshen84/

Well, maybe you're not turn on Window Decoration and Move Window plugins. Run ccsm and enable them.And remember to put "emerald --replace" in command field of Window Decoration plugin.

--
Nguyễn Bảo Ngọc
http://www.facebook.com/pymaster

Old 01-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Francesco Talamona

On Wednesday 06 January 2010, Xi Shen wrote:
> hi,
>
> when i replace the kde windows manager with compiz, all windows lost
> their window border, and i cannot move the window. how can i fix
> this?

Maybe kwin crashed. what happens if you open a terminal and launch kwin?

Ciao
Francesco

--
Linux Version 2.6.32-gentoo-r1, Compiled #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 31
19:05:16 CET 2009

Old 01-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Xi Shen

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Ngoc Nguyen Bao <baongoc124@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Xi Shen <davidshen84@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> when i replace the kde windows manager with compiz, all windows lost
>> their window border, and i cannot move the window. how can i fix this?
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> David Shen
>>
>> http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
>> http://meme.yahoo.com/davidshen84/
>>

> Well, maybe you're not turn on Window Decoration and Move Window plugins.
> Run ccsm and enable them.
> And remember to put "emerald --replace" in command field of Window
> Decoration plugin.
>
> --
> Nguyễn Bảo Ngọc
> http://www.facebook.com/pymaster

cool, add "emerald --replace" in compiz decorator, and the problem
solved. thanks.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Wednesday 06 January 2010 12:35:36 Francesco Talamona wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 January 2010, Xi Shen wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > when i replace the kde windows manager with compiz, all windows lost
> > their window border, and i cannot move the window. how can i fix
> > this?
>
> Maybe kwin crashed. what happens if you open a terminal and launch kwin?

That makes no sense. He's using compiz, kwin cannot run together with compiz

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 01-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Francesco Talamona

On Wednesday 06 January 2010, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 January 2010 12:35:36 Francesco Talamona wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 January 2010, Xi Shen wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > when i replace the kde windows manager with compiz, all windows
> > > lost their window border, and i cannot move the window. how can i
> > > fix this?
> >
> > Maybe kwin crashed. what happens if you open a terminal and launch
> > kwin?
>
> That makes no sense. He's using compiz, kwin cannot run together with
> compiz

My bad... This is what I used when I was trying to use compiz and
crashed, leaving me without WM.

Ciao
Francesco

--
Linux Version 2.6.32-gentoo-r1, Compiled #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 31
19:05:16 CET 2009
Two 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processors, 4GB RAM, 4021.84 Bogomips Total
aemaeth