Old 01-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Helmut Jarausch

Default emerge @preserved-rebuild EVEN IF some needed package is masked

Hi,

emerge @preserved-rebuild fails to do any updating since a single
(needed) package has been masked.
But I do need to keep kdelibs:3.5 which pulls in kde-misc/kdnssd-avahi:3.5
which has been masked.

Is it possible to tell emerge to do the other updates which don't need
this?

Dropping kde:3.5 too early is one of the biggest disappointsment of
GenToo! For someone who needs some package depending on it, it's really
hard. (I do need kexi)

Many thanks for some help,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Old 01-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 16:35:46 +0100 (CET), Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> But I do need to keep kdelibs:3.5 which pulls in
> kde-misc/kdnssd-avahi:3.5 which has been masked.

Unmask it.

> Dropping kde:3.5 too early is one of the biggest disappointsment of
> GenToo! For someone who needs some package depending on it, it's really
> hard. (I do need kexi)

It's not been totally dropped, but moved out of the main portage tree to
the kde-sunset overlay. Add that overlay and your problem will disappear.

--
Neil Bothwick

If it was easy, the hardware people would take care of it.