Old 01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Helmut Jarausch

Default IDE/ATAPI ZIP drive - howto

Hi,

I've upgraded the kernel on an old machine to 2.6.32.
Now, I cannot get the ZIP drive (ATAPI) working.

There is a /dev/hdd device and dmesg is telling me about
an IOMEGA ZIP drive, but
trying to

fdisk /dev/hdd
or even mount it,
seems to make the kernel hang (at least these commands
never finish)

Has anybody any hint on what to try?

Many thanks,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Old 01-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Kyle Bader

Any change in kernel configuration or did you copy your old config and
run make oldconfig?

--
Sent from my mobile device

Kyle