Old 01-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Konstantinos Agouros

Default How to find USE flags of a tbz2?

Hi,

if an ebuild was executed with --buildpkg, is there an easy way to extract
the USE-flags that were in place from the resulting .tbz2?

Konstantin
--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@agouros.de
Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185

Old 01-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Sunday 06 January 2008, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if an ebuild was executed with --buildpkg, is there an easy way to
> extract the USE-flags that were in place from the resulting .tbz2?

That is not possible as the information is not in the tarball.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 01-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Hans-Werner Hilse

Hi,

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:05:18 +0000 (UTC)
Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@agouros.de> wrote:

> if an ebuild was executed with --buildpkg, is there an easy way to extract
> the USE-flags that were in place from the resulting .tbz2?

qtbz2 -xO your.tbz2 | qxpak -xO - USE

-hwh

Old 01-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Mick

On Sunday 06 January 2008, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:05:18 +0000 (UTC)
>
> Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@agouros.de> wrote:
> > if an ebuild was executed with --buildpkg, is there an easy way to
> > extract the USE-flags that were in place from the resulting .tbz2?
>
> qtbz2 -xO your.tbz2 | qxpak -xO - USE

WOW! The more I learn, the more I find out that there is soooo much I don't
even know I don't know.

Thanks HWH!
Mick