Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default What's happening to six-0.5.3?

I've been playing with this game (hex) using six through many revisions.* It now appears that the latest version has been hard masked.* I wonder why.* I don't see anything wrong in its function, even under KDE 4, although it does not show up in my menus without help.

It has not undergone an upgrade in a few years, but it was still entered in the Computer Olympiad in 2009.* It didn't win, but made a fair showing.
--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Old 01-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 08:12:09 -0800, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

> I've been playing with this game (hex) using six through many
> revisions. It now appears that the latest version has been hard
> masked. I wonder why.

See /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask

--
Neil Bothwick

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Chris Reffett

Six depends on kde 3.5, which has been hardmasked for removal from the
portage tree. I believe you can use the kde-sunset overlay to keep it
around if you really need it. Or maybe there's a version in the works
for KDE 4?
Chris Reffett