FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Mark Knecht
 
Default subclipse???

What are the commands to find out if subclipse is supported through an overlay?

http://subclipse.tigris.org/

Thanks,
Mark
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default subclipse???

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:53:20 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> What are the commands to find out if subclipse is supported through an
> overlay?

[root@zaphod ~ 0]% eix subclipse
* dev-util/eclipse-subclipse-bin [1]
Available versions: 1.1.9!s 1.2.0!s
Homepage: http://subclipse.tigris.org/
Description: Subversion support for Eclipse (binary)

[1] "digital-trauma.de" layman/trauma

You need to run eix-remote -q update to have layman overlays added to the
eix database.


--
Neil Bothwick

Try to be the best of whatever you are, even if what you are is no good.
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default subclipse???

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 12:27:12 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:53:20 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > What are the commands to find out if subclipse is supported through an
> > overlay?
>
> [root@zaphod ~ 0]% eix subclipse
> * dev-util/eclipse-subclipse-bin [1]
> Available versions: 1.1.9!s 1.2.0!s
> Homepage: http://subclipse.tigris.org/
> Description: Subversion support for Eclipse (binary)
>
> [1] "digital-trauma.de" layman/trauma
>
> You need to run eix-remote -q update to have layman overlays added to the
> eix database.
>

I think he wants to know what overlay a given ebuild is in without installing
the overlay first

eix wwon't show the contents of not-installed overlays


--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
 
Old 12-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default subclipse???

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:44:52 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> > You need to run eix-remote -q update to have layman overlays added to
> > the eix database.
> >
>
> I think he wants to know what overlay a given ebuild is in without
> installing the overlay first
>
> eix wwon't show the contents of not-installed overlays

As it's panto season now - Oh Yes It Will!

eix-update reads installed overlays but eix-remote downloads a list of
the contents of all layman overlays, giving exactly what Mark wants.

I hadn't even heard of the trauma overlay, let alone installed it, yet
eix found the ebuild for me.


--
Neil Bothwick

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.
 
Old 12-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default subclipse???

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 14:21:01 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:44:52 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > > You need to run eix-remote -q update to have layman overlays added to
> > > the eix database.
> >
> > I think he wants to know what overlay a given ebuild is in without
> > installing the overlay first
> >
> > eix wwon't show the contents of not-installed overlays
>
> As it's panto season now - Oh Yes It Will!
>
> eix-update reads installed overlays but eix-remote downloads a list of
> the contents of all layman overlays, giving exactly what Mark wants.
>
> I hadn't even heard of the trauma overlay, let alone installed it, yet
> eix found the ebuild for me.
>

well well whaddaya know

it works !


--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
 
Old 12-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Mark Knecht
 
Default subclipse???

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 December 2009 12:27:12 Neil Bothwick wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:53:20 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>> > What are the commands to find out if subclipse is supported through an
>> > overlay?
>>
>> [root@zaphod ~ 0]% eix subclipse
>> * dev-util/eclipse-subclipse-bin [1]
>> * * *Available versions: *1.1.9!s 1.2.0!s
>> * * *Homepage: * * * * * *http://subclipse.tigris.org/
>> * * *Description: * * * * Subversion support for Eclipse (binary)
>>
>> [1] "digital-trauma.de" layman/trauma
>>
>> You need to run eix-remote -q update to have layman overlays added to the
>> eix database.
>>
>
> I think he wants to know what overlay a given ebuild is in without installing
> the overlay first
>
> eix wwon't show the contents of not-installed overlays

Yes, thanks Alan. That is what I was asking. I guess I should have
posted that eix subsclipse showed nothing on my machines:

dragonfly ~ # eix subclipse
No matches found.
dragonfly ~ #

After adding the trauma overlay with layman now I see it:

dragonfly ~ # layman -l
* trauma [Subversion]
(http://svn.digital-trauma.de/gentoo/trunk/ )
dragonfly ~ # eix subclipse
* dev-util/eclipse-subclipse-bin [1]
Available versions: 1.1.9!s 1.2.0!s
Homepage: http://subclipse.tigris.org/
Description: Subversion support for Eclipse (binary)

[1] "digital-trauma.de" /usr/local/portage/layman/trauma
dragonfly ~ #

but how do I determine that it's in trauma in the first place?

This came up the other day where Grant was asking about rt-sources and
I was able to answer because I use it and knew which overlay to tell
him to add, but then I hit the wall myself and didn't know how to
figure this out short of adding all overlays which seemed silly.

I had hoped that layman would have a way to search non-installed
overlays but I didn't find that so I asked here.

And thanks to Neil who at least told me what overlay had a binary
version. Unfortunately it appears it an older version of subclipse
that's not intended for use with eclipse-3.5.

Thanks,
Mark
 
Old 12-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Mark Knecht
 
Default subclipse???

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 5:00 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 December 2009 14:21:01 Neil Bothwick wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:44:52 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
>> > > You need to run eix-remote -q update to have layman overlays added to
>> > > the eix database.
>> >
>> > I think he wants to know what overlay a given ebuild is in without
>> > installing the overlay first
>> >
>> > eix wwon't show the contents of not-installed overlays
>>
>> As it's panto season now - Oh Yes It Will!
>>
>> eix-update reads installed overlays but eix-remote downloads a list of
>> the contents of all layman overlays, giving exactly what Mark wants.
>>
>> I hadn't even heard of the trauma overlay, let alone installed it, yet
>> eix found the ebuild for me.
>>
>
> well well whaddaya know
>
> it works !
>

Humm...so if I would have simply done exactly what Neil suggested I
would have seen it without actually installing the overlay? Cool.

- Mark
 
Old 12-30-2009, 01:17 PM
"Zeerak Waseem"
 
Default subclipse???

The eix-remote -q update command should take care of that. Try running it
and searching for something that you know isn't in one of the overlays
that you use :-)


On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:58:44 +0100, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
wrote:


On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 12:27:12 Neil Bothwick wrote:

<snip>


I think he wants to know what overlay a given ebuild is in without
installing

the overlay first

eix wwon't show the contents of not-installed overlays


Yes, thanks Alan. That is what I was asking. I guess I should have
posted that eix subsclipse showed nothing on my machines:

dragonfly ~ # eix subclipse
No matches found.
dragonfly ~ #

After adding the trauma overlay with layman now I see it:

dragonfly ~ # layman -l
* trauma [Subversion]
(http://svn.digital-trauma.de/gentoo/trunk/ )
dragonfly ~ # eix subclipse
* dev-util/eclipse-subclipse-bin [1]
Available versions: 1.1.9!s 1.2.0!s
Homepage: http://subclipse.tigris.org/
Description: Subversion support for Eclipse (binary)

[1] "digital-trauma.de" /usr/local/portage/layman/trauma
dragonfly ~ #

but how do I determine that it's in trauma in the first place?

This came up the other day where Grant was asking about rt-sources and
I was able to answer because I use it and knew which overlay to tell
him to add, but then I hit the wall myself and didn't know how to
figure this out short of adding all overlays which seemed silly.

I had hoped that layman would have a way to search non-installed
overlays but I didn't find that so I asked here.

And thanks to Neil who at least told me what overlay had a binary
version. Unfortunately it appears it an older version of subclipse
that's not intended for use with eclipse-3.5.

Thanks,
Mark
 
Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default subclipse???

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:58:44 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> but how do I determine that it's in trauma in the first place?

As I said in the first post, use eix-remote before eix.


--
Neil Bothwick

Member, National Association For Tagline Assimilators (NAFTA)
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Dale
 
Default subclipse???

Mark Knecht wrote:

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 5:00 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:


On Wednesday 30 December 2009 14:21:01 Neil Bothwick wrote:


On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:44:52 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:


You need to run eix-remote -q update to have layman overlays added to
the eix database.


I think he wants to know what overlay a given ebuild is in without
installing the overlay first

eix wwon't show the contents of not-installed overlays


As it's panto season now - Oh Yes It Will!

eix-update reads installed overlays but eix-remote downloads a list of
the contents of all layman overlays, giving exactly what Mark wants.

I hadn't even heard of the trauma overlay, let alone installed it, yet
eix found the ebuild for me.



well well whaddaya know

it works !




Humm...so if I would have simply done exactly what Neil suggested I
would have seen it without actually installing the overlay? Cool.

- Mark




Is this documented anywhere? I would like to see how this works,
without doing it just in case I mess up. lol


Dale

:-) :-)
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:19 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org