Old 12-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Thorsten Kampe

Default Cascading autofs mounts

Hi,

does anyone know (or have an idea about) how to achieve cascading mounts
with autofs 5?! Basically what I would like to do is to (auto)-mount an
iso image which lies on an (auto)-mounted smb share.

/etc/auto.master contains:
# mount_directory map_file options
/mnt/smb /etc/auto/smb --timeout=5 --ghost
/mnt/iso /etc/auto/iso --timeout=5 --ghost

/etc/auto/smb:
tkampe -fstype=cifs,cred=/root/cred ://tkampe/C$

/etc/auto/iso:
image -fstype=iso9660,ro,loop :/mnt/smb/tkampe/image.iso

The auto-mount of the smb share works fine. But the mount of the iso
works only if the smb share is already mounted (via "cd
/mnt/smb/tkampe" for instance).

What I would like to achieve is that trying to access /mnt/iso/image
(which should be auto-mounted to /mnt/smb/tkampe/image.iso) triggers the
auto-mount of /mnt/smb/tkampe to //tkampe/C$. But it doesn't.

Ideas?

Thorsten