Old 12-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Grant

Default rsync reverts to old file versions

I've been using a command like this to sync my music files across 2 systems:

rsync -vr --inplace --delete /path/to/music/ grant@192.168.1.2:/path/to/music

Periodically, I'll manually touch up cover art that I've scanned, and
I've noticed that it will revert to the untouched-up version after one
of these rsyncs. Does that make sense to anyone?

- Grant

Old 12-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Boy Hartsuiker

On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 17:16 -0800, Grant wrote:
> Periodically, I'll manually touch up cover art that I've scanned, and
> I've noticed that it will revert to the untouched-up version after one
> of these rsyncs. Does that make sense to anyone?
>
> - Grant

So it it synchronizes in the opposite direction of the one given in the
command?

Old 12-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Grant

>> Periodically, I'll manually touch up cover art that I've scanned, and
>> I've noticed that it will revert to the untouched-up version after one
>> of these rsyncs. *Does that make sense to anyone?
>>
>> - Grant
>
> So it it synchronizes in the opposite direction of the one given in the
> command?

It's weird. It sounds like it's not ringing bells for anyone so I'll
keep testing and come back with something more concrete.

- Grant

Old 01-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Harry Putnam

Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> writes:

> rsync -vr --inplace --delete /path/to/music/ grant@192.168.1.2:/path/to/music

what OSs' are the hosts?

I've had that happen a time or two when the source host was a windows
machine, having something to do with the way windows handles
permissions and dates. The windows files were seen as all new even
though they had been rsynced the previous week and only a few
additions had been made (Nothing was found to be `uptodate')