Old 12-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Carlos Moyano Cubillos

Default Install Gentoo 64bit from 32bit running enviroment

Dear friends,

I have a gentoo system running 32bit .. and I have a 30GB partition
available on which I would like to install a 64bit Gentoo to test for
64bit extensions processor supports .

someone could help me and tell me how to proceed with this
installation from my running system without having to reboot with a
livecd.

Here's the processor info:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 23
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz
stepping : 10
cpu MHz : 800.000
cache size : 3072 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 1
initial apicid : 1
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx
lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor
ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 xsave lahf_lm ida
tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
bogomips : 4787.75
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64