Old 12-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Xi Shen

Default gentoo amd64 + kde + compiz in vmware?

hi,

i just tried to enable compiz fusion in my kde4 on a vmware guest os,
but failed. does anybody have luck with this?

--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
http://meme.yahoo.com/davidshen84/

Old 12-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Thursday 24 December 2009 14:00:41 Xi Shen wrote:
> hi,
>
> i just tried to enable compiz fusion in my kde4 on a vmware guest os,
> but failed. does anybody have luck with this?

You are highly unlikely to get any useful answers until you post some relevant
info about what you are trying to do.

- version numbers
- error log entries

is a useful start

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 12-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 20:00:41 +0800, Xi Shen wrote:

> i just tried to enable compiz fusion in my kde4 on a vmware guest os,
> but failed. does anybody have luck with this?

The VMware virtual video card doesn't support 3D AFAIR.

Neil Bothwick

A friend of mine sent me a postcard with a satellite photo of the
entire planet on it, and on the back he wrote, "Wish you were here."

Old 12-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Xi Shen

oh, so no 3d in vmware...i remember vbox has 3d in guest os. may be i
should give that a try. thanks