Old 12-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Harry Putnam

Default No cgi scripts work now

This machine was my local lan httpd server, but then I switched that
functionality to an opensolaris machine... due to problems with a
recent osol build I switched back temporarily. Meantime I must have
allowed a new config to get setup ... maybe thru careless allowing of
new conf files.

Whatever the reason... before switching away... cgi scripts could fire
in any directory... now when I hit a cgi it just reads the actual
content of the cgi.

Yes the cgi file are set executable and when run from command line
they do fire.

It appears that the /etc/apache2/* files of Nov.2 use
/etc/apache2/vhost.d/default_vhost_include to allow simple configs
like allowing cgi in any directory.

So in the file I find the `Options' line that looks like:

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

So I changed that to:

Options All Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI

(That line is take from an older configuration but it was in a
different location (/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf))

The newer files appear to call the above mentioned `include' from
/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf instead.

But anyway... after inserting:
Options All Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI

Restarting apache... there is no change... cgi scripts still just get
read like a text file.

Also tried switching in the old 00_default_vhost.conf and eliminating
the new default_vhost_include

Retart... but I see no change at all.

No errors are thrown in /var/log/apache2/error_log either. The cgi
files are simply read like text.

Double checked that they are executable and confirmed they are.

Where to from here?