Old 12-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Arnau Bria

Default compiz and intel driver

Hi all.

I'm reading http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Compiz-Fusion and I'd like
to configure an intel graph card and I use xfce.

it says:

Intel GMA

Intel GMA PC owners should start compiz with some more parameters (INTEL_BATCH & LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT & --indirect-rendering) set before starting compiz:
LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 INTEL_BATCH=1 compiz --replace --indirect-rendering --sm-disable ccp

But where do I have to set those params?
is /home/<username>/.start-compiz the right place?

something like:
#!/bin/bash

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
export INTEL_BATCH=1
compiz --replace --indirect-rendering --sm-disable ccp
emerald --replace

TIA,
Arnau