Old 12-19-2009, 11:27 PM
"Alan E. Davis"

Default How to edit Gnome main menu and keep them around.

I haven't seen an answer to my question elsewhere.

I have found it convenient to edit the gnome main applications menu, with a Science menu and a Guitar menu, and others.* I have perhaps too many apps installed.* Apropos is something I'd forgotten about, but it's convenient to have a gui way to start up my preferred apps, with Gnome.*

Gnome's menu is vastly improved over earlier models, in particular that when a new app is installed, it is immediately available.* However, when updating/upgrading Gnome, my edits are lost.*

I'd like to specify a config file withing a "Workbench" folder or other folder off my ~/ directory, under git control.* It would useful for these changes to be portable on new installs, as well.

Can anyone offer any insight into this problem?**

Thanks for previous insightful answers on this list!

Alan Davis