Old 12-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Grant

Default ACPI: Critical trip point

My system just shut down in the middle of a compile. I got this in the logs:

[kernel] ACPI: Critical trip point

I read about it via Google, but it's usually followed by a message
about the CPU temperature being too high. Mine isn't followed by
anything except notices about processes shutting down. Is this
definitely a temperature issue?

- Grant

Old 12-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Grant

> My system just shut down in the middle of a compile. *I got this in the logs:
>
> [kernel] ACPI: Critical trip point
>
> I read about it via Google, but it's usually followed by a message
> about the CPU temperature being too high. *Mine isn't followed by
> anything except notices about processes shutting down. *Is this
> definitely a temperature issue?
>
> - Grant

I think this was temperature.

- Grant