Old 12-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Xi Shen

Default dolphin cannot display chinese

hi,

my X it self works well with chinese. but the dolphin does not work
well with chinese. if any file contains chinese (or any non-ascii)
characters, it simply will not be displayed in the list. how can i fix
this?

--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
http://meme.yahoo.com/davidshen84/

Old 12-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Willie Wong

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 07:43:37PM +0800, Penguin Lover Xi Shen squawked:
> my X it self works well with chinese. but the dolphin does not work
> well with chinese. if any file contains chinese (or any non-ascii)
> characters, it simply will not be displayed in the list. how can i fix
> this?

I don't use KDE, so just a random guess: Did you install localization
for KDE? (kde-i10n)

Cheers,

A biologist, a physicist, and a mathematician are standing outside of
an empty building. Two people walk in. After a few minutes, three
people walk out.

"Aha!" the biologist says, "they must be breeding!"

"No, no," the physisist replies "this could be bad. In order to preserve the
laws of thermodynamics, someone else must go into the building."

The mathematician protests "But if someone else goes into the building,
it will be empty."
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1107 days, 15:24

Old 12-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Xi Shen

oh, i do not know we have that package. thanks, i will check that.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Frank Steinmetzger

Am Samstag, 19. Dezember 2009 schrieb Xi Shen:
> hi,
>
> my X it self works well with chinese. but the dolphin does not work
> well with chinese. if any file contains chinese (or any non-ascii)
> characters, it simply will not be displayed in the list. how can i fix
> this?

Can you see the file elsewhere? For example Konqueror or Konsole?
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Keyboard not connected, press F1 to continue.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Xi Shen

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 19. Dezember 2009 schrieb Xi Shen:
>> hi,
>>
>> my X it self works well with chinese. but the dolphin does not work
>> well with chinese. if any file contains chinese (or any non-ascii)
>> characters, it simply will not be displayed in the list. how can i fix
>> this?
>
> Can you see the file elsewhere? For example Konqueror or Konsole?
> --
> Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
> Keyboard not connected, press F1 to continue.

yes, i can see it in konsole, but the characters are not readable.