Old 12-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Xi Shen

Default chromium cannot sync my bookmark

hi,

i have just emerged chromium on my gentoo amd64. the chromium version
is 4.0.251.0. but the 'Sync my bookmarks' menu item is disabled. how
can i enable it?

--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
http://meme.yahoo.com/davidshen84/

Old 12-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Crístian Viana

you have to use the flag --enable-sync. run chromium like this:
chromium-bin --enable-sync

i have just emerged chromium on my gentoo amd64. the chromium version

is 4.0.251.0. but the 'Sync my bookmarks' menu item is disabled. how

can i enable it?

--

Best Regards,

David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/

http://meme.yahoo.com/davidshen84/

--
Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]

Old 12-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Xi Shen

that's wired...why would someone do not want to enable this?

thanks

Old 12-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Alan McKinnon

Old 12-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Alan McKinnon

Chromium is not released. It is not beta, it's not even really alpha yet. It's common with software like this to disable everything by default and force the user to enable things.

Reason: the user is probably running them to test them