Old 12-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Denis

Default fstab and cdrom question

Hello folks,

Quick question.

My main HD is SATA and gets /dev/sda in fstab. My CDROM, which is the
only device on the IDE bus, seems to be /dev/hda. That's what
Audacious declared when it was looking for a CD to play. I had CDROM
device forced to /dev/cdrom in Audacious, unwittingly, before and was
wondering why my CDs were not playing! However, my fstab is still
"/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,user
0 0" - so should I switch this to /dev/hda instead of /dev/cdrom?
If so, should some link be made to /dev/cdrom, if other programs may
be querying /dev/cdrom for the sake of Linux standard convention, or
is /dev/cdrom already a link, which was broken in my case?

Thank you,
Denis