Old 12-17-2009, 01:45 PM
fei huang

Default does slim work with xorg-server1.7.3?

I've found the slim login manager will hang the computer if I enter "exit" or "console" in the panel,*blank screen and no response at all, had to push the reset button to recover.

I did not test it under the previous xorg-server installation, anybody has got the same issue?I've tried to recompile slim but no help
slim 1.3.1 + xorg-server 1.7.3 (with xcb enabled) + awesome3.4.2

thanksfei

Old 12-17-2009, 08:16 PM
"Zeerak Waseem"

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:45:20 +0100, fei huang <daniel.huangfei@gmail.com>
I've found the slim login manager will hang the computer if I enter
"exit"

or "console" in the panel,
blank screen and no response at all, had to push the reset button to
recover.

I did not test it under the previous xorg-server installation, anybody
has

got the same issue?
I've tried to recompile slim but no help

slim 1.3.1 + xorg-server 1.7.3 (with xcb enabled) + awesome3.4.2

thanks
fei

Hey Fei,

I don't have those issues.

I'm using slim 1.3.1-r4 and xorg-server 1.7.3.901-r1.
Are you using the same packages? If not then try upgrading, perhaps that
will help :-)

--
Zeerak

Old 12-22-2009, 02:42 PM
fei huang

thanks for your reply, I've got the same version with yours, lots of silmilar bugs found by google, I'm wondering if you can properly stop the slim by running "/etc/init.d/xdm stop"? this is a known bug, *not sure why you can use it with no issue.*

have switched to gdm, *slower but less buggy.*
tksfei *