Old 12-17-2009, 11:09 AM

Default freeglut fails to compile because X11/extensions/XInput.h not found

Hi. This happened on my latest update -- looks like the package which
used to contain this file no longer does -- any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 12-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Thursday 17 December 2009 14:09:37 covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> Hi. This happened on my latest update -- looks like the package which
> used to contain this file no longer does -- any ideas on how to proceed?
>
> Thanks.

nazgul ~ # locate XInput.h
/usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h
nazgul ~ # equery belongs `locate XInput.h`
* Searching for /usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h ...
x11-libs/libXi-1.3 (/usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 12-17-2009, 04:30 PM

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 17 December 2009 14:09:37 covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> > Hi. This happened on my latest update -- looks like the package which
> > used to contain this file no longer does -- any ideas on how to proceed?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> nazgul ~ # locate XInput.h
> /usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h
> nazgul ~ # equery belongs `locate XInput.h`
> * Searching for /usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h ...
> x11-libs/libXi-1.3 (/usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h)
However the newer version of this package has eliminated this file --
this is my whole problem. Now I re emerged the package which had an
update and how its here. I guess portage did things in the wrong order
or something.

Thanks.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 12-17-2009, 04:57 PM
walt

On 12/17/2009 04:09 AM, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:

Hi. This happened on my latest update -- looks like the package which
used to contain this file no longer does -- any ideas on how to proceed?

Hm. On my x86 and ~amd64 machines I have freeglut-2.4 and freeglut-2.6,
respectively, but no such header file on either machine. Something must
be stale on your machine. Have you run revdep-rebuild and lafilefixer?

Without detailed build logs it's hard to say who's complaining about what.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Thursday 17 December 2009 19:30:32 covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 17 December 2009 14:09:37 covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> > > Hi. This happened on my latest update -- looks like the package which
> > > used to contain this file no longer does -- any ideas on how to
> > > proceed?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > nazgul ~ # locate XInput.h
> > /usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h
> > nazgul ~ # equery belongs `locate XInput.h`
> > * Searching for /usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h ...
> > x11-libs/libXi-1.3 (/usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h)
>
> However the newer version of this package has eliminated this file --
> this is my whole problem. Now I re emerged the package which had an
> update and how its here. I guess portage did things in the wrong order
> or something.
>
> Thanks.

Hmm. Odd. Apparently, you are suffering from one or more of the following:

solar flares
cosmic rays
a quantum level event
leprechauns
tooth fairies
jubbjubb monsters

{well, it's as good as any other explanation :-) }
--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 12-18-2009, 01:28 AM
walt

On 12/17/2009 02:17 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:

solar flares
cosmic rays
a quantum level event
leprechauns
tooth fairies
jubbjubb monsters

Single malt, I hope? ;o)

Old 12-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Friday 18 December 2009 04:28:32 walt wrote:
> On 12/17/2009 02:17 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > solar flares
> > cosmic rays
> > a quantum level event
> > leprechauns
> > tooth fairies
> > jubbjubb monsters
>
> Single malt, I hope? ;o)

Sadly, no. I come from a long line of fine single malt liqueur makers but
can't imbibe the stuff (it makes me wickedly ill even in small doses)....

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 12-18-2009, 07:37 AM

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 18 December 2009 04:28:32 walt wrote:
> > On 12/17/2009 02:17 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > > solar flares
> > > cosmic rays
> > > a quantum level event
> > > leprechauns
> > > tooth fairies
> > > jubbjubb monsters
> >
> > Single malt, I hope? ;o)
> >

> Sadly, no. I come from a long line of fine single malt liqueur makers but
> can't imbibe the stuff (it makes me wickedly ill even in small doses)....
In small doses its great, but I can't do too much of it either -- I save
it for Robert Burnsbirthday which is always quite fun.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com