FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Crístian Viana
 
Default skip some package in glsa-check

hi,
I run "glsa-check -f affected" to update a Gentoo system, but there's one specific package I can't update, because it's a C library someone is using and the 'secure' version is causing segmentation fault on her program, so I added it to packages.mask. but as I run glsa-check in a cron job, if there's one package it can't emerge, it won't emerge the rest of them (if only I could add "--keep-going").


does anyone have a solution to this? I want to keep running glsa-check to update my system, but I don't want to update one specific package.
thanks!
--


Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]
Sent from Campinas, SP, Brazil
 
Old 12-17-2009, 10:41 AM
"Arttu V."
 
Default skip some package in glsa-check

On 12/17/09, Crístian Viana <cristiandeives@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I run "glsa-check -f affected" to update a Gentoo system, but there's one
> specific package I can't update, because it's a C library someone is using
> and the 'secure' version is causing segmentation fault on her program, so I
> added it to packages.mask. but as I run glsa-check in a cron job, if there's
> one package it can't emerge, it won't emerge the rest of them (if only I
> could add "--keep-going").
>
> does anyone have a solution to this? I want to keep running glsa-check to
> update my system, but I don't want to update one specific package.
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]
> Sent from Campinas, SP, Brazil

I don't know this for sure, but I wonder if putting the package in
package.provided would result in what you are looking for? So, unless
someone gets a better idea, I'd try to emerge the properly functioning
version of the package, and then mark it provided:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=5#doc_chap3

--
Arttu V.
 
Old 12-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Crístian Viana
 
Default skip some package in glsa-check

it didn't work although I didn't know about the existence of that file!

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Arttu V. <arttuv69@gmail.com> wrote:


On 12/17/09, Crístian Viana <cristiandeives@gmail.com> wrote:



> hi,

>

> I run "glsa-check -f affected" to update a Gentoo system, but there's one

> specific package I can't update, because it's a C library someone is using

> and the 'secure' version is causing segmentation fault on her program, so I

> added it to packages.mask. but as I run glsa-check in a cron job, if there's

> one package it can't emerge, it won't emerge the rest of them (if only I

> could add "--keep-going").

>

> does anyone have a solution to this? I want to keep running glsa-check to

> update my system, but I don't want to update one specific package.

>

> thanks!

>

> --

> Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]

> Sent from Campinas, SP, Brazil



I don't know this for sure, but I wonder if putting the package in

package.provided would result in what you are looking for? So, unless

someone gets a better idea, I'd try to emerge the properly functioning

version of the package, and then mark it provided:



http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=5#doc_chap3



--

Arttu V.





--
Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]
 
Old 12-17-2009, 11:35 AM
"Arttu V."
 
Default skip some package in glsa-check

On 12/17/09, Crístian Viana <cristiandeives@gmail.com> wrote:
> it didn't work although I didn't know about the existence of that file!
>

Ouch, too bad. I realized the same as I was reading portage man page
about that file. It requires explicit versions for the provided
packages, and that makes my suggestion a non-working one.

But then I just noticed this in your first email:

> so I added it to packages.mask.

I assume that's just a typo in the email? That file has no s (plural)
before the dot, and if you create one with an s, I think it will just
be silently ignored.

--
Arttu V.
 
Old 12-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Crístian Viana
 
Default skip some package in glsa-check

yeah, that was a typo! =/ the file I want to mask (and that's the same glsa-check wants to update) is really being masked when I run emerge.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Arttu V. <arttuv69@gmail.com> wrote:


On 12/17/09, Crístian Viana <cristiandeives@gmail.com> wrote:



> it didn't work although I didn't know about the existence of that file!

>



Ouch, too bad. I realized the same as I was reading portage man page

about that file. It requires explicit versions for the provided

packages, and that makes my suggestion a non-working one.



But then I just noticed this in your first email:



> so I added it to packages.mask.



I assume that's just a typo in the email? That file has no s (plural)

before the dot, and if you create one with an s, I think it will just

be silently ignored.



--

Arttu V.





--
Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org