Old 12-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Grant

Default {OT} Preparing a laptop for sale

I'm about to sell my old laptop and I'd like to wipe out the data and
install any flavor of Linux via USB (the CD drive doesn't work any
more). I've got a bootable USB key that will get me into Gentoo. How
would you take it from there? I'm looking for something quick and
easy. My data isn't too sensitive, but I'd like to do some type of
wiping so it isn't all just sitting there with a deleted flag or
however that works.

- Grant