Old 12-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Marcus Wanner

Default OT: script to make wav fro vob

On 12/15/2009 10:23 AM, Skippy wrote:

Greetings, my scripting skills are non-existent, so I come asking for
help. I use the following to extract audio from vob files and
write it as wav files:

mplayer filename.vob -ao pcm:waveheader:file=filename.wav -vo null

It would be handy if this could be automated so I could run a bash
script in a directory full of vob files and end up with a set of wav
files with the same file name as the original vob.

If anyone knock out such an animal for me I'd be ever grateful and
praise your name over and over.

Thanks, Skippy

You should really learn bash scripting, it will help you no end...

Marcus

Old 12-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:23:26 -0700, Skippy wrote:

> mplayer filename.vob -ao pcm:waveheader:file=filename.wav -vo null
>
> It would be handy if this could be automated so I could run a bash
> script in a directory full of vob files and end up with a set of wav
> files with the same file name as the original vob.

for i in *.vob; do
mplayer "${i}" -ao pcm:waveheader:file="${i/.vob/.wav}" -vo null
done

--
Neil Bothwick

I can't walk on water, but I can stagger on alcohol.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Paul Hartman

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Skippy <linuxgn2@204eastsouth.com> wrote:

> Greetings, my scripting skills are non-existent, so I come asking for
> help. I use the following to extract audio from vob files and
> write it as wav files:
>
> mplayer filename.vob -ao pcm:waveheader:file=filename.wav -vo null
>
> It would be handy if this could be automated so I could run a bash
> script in a directory full of vob files and end up with a set of wav
> files with the same file name as the original vob.
>
> If anyone knock out such an animal for me I'd be ever grateful and
> praise your name over and over.

I'm sure there are 20 ways to do it... Something like this might work:

for a in *.vob; do mplayer $a -ao pcm:waveheader:file=$a.wav -vo null; done

You also may want to look at the -dumpaudio and -dumpfile options of
mplayer if you want the original format audio from your DVD instead of
converting it to WAV files...

Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Stroller

Greetings, my scripting skills are non-existent, so I come asking for
help.

I recommend the works of Izaak Walton & Mendel Cooper.

Stroller.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Skippy

Thank you Neil - songs are being sung in your name even now.

Skippy