Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Bruce Hill

Default my gentoo amd64 does not have sound

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 08:15:13PM +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
> hi,
>
> my laptop is thinkpad t61. according to the output of lspci -k
>
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
> Controller (rev 03)
> Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
> Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
>
> the driver is already loaded. and i have use alsaconf, and alsamixer
> to set the configuration. /etc/init.d/alsasound is started, but my
> system still does not have sound.
>
> what have i missed?
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> David Shen

Could you d/l this script:
http://slackwarebox.dyndns.org:88/HOW-TOs/alsa-info.sh
and pastebin.ca the output?

I have a T61 with working sound and webcam built-in mic.

Bruce Hill
--
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the
lesson afterward. But properly learned, the lesson forever changes

Old 12-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Marcus Wanner