Old 12-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Willie Wong

Default xinerama on dual head radeon 9600

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:42:18PM +0100, Penguin Lover Sebastian Be?ler squawked:
> the reason for segfaulting is that you try to use a zaphod style
^^^^^^^^
> xorg.conf with xrandr. That don't mix. I learned that the hard way.

You just made my day

Cheers,

"Does this make sense?...........The answer is yes."
~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1103 days, 6:29

Old 12-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Roger Mason

Sebastian Beßler <webmaster@darkmetatron.de> writes:

> Am 14.12.2009 21:39, schrieb Roger Mason:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to set up a radeon 9600 in an Apple G5 with two monitors.
>> I've tried both Xinerama and MergedFB.
>
> Hello,
>
> the reason for segfaulting is that you try to use a zaphod style
> xorg.conf with xrandr. That don't mix. I learned that the hard way.
>
> Xinerama is deprecated and replaced by xrandr so you need to configure
> that if you want use a Xinerama-like layout.

Many thanks for the help. I tried it yesterday without success,
possibly because my windowmanager (fvwm) needs tweaking. I will post
back with succes or failure in the next few days.

Best wishes,
Roger

Old 12-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Roger Mason

Willie Wong <wwong@math.princeton.edu> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:42:18PM +0100, Penguin Lover Sebastian Be?ler squawked:
>> the reason for segfaulting is that you try to use a zaphod style
> ^^^^^^^^
>> xorg.conf with xrandr. That don't mix. I learned that the hard way.
>
> You just made my day

Zaphod style? What is that?

Cheers,
Roger

Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Willie Wong

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 08:26:15AM -0330, Penguin Lover Roger Mason squawked:
> Willie Wong <wwong@math.princeton.edu> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:42:18PM +0100, Penguin Lover Sebastian Be?ler squawked:
> >> the reason for segfaulting is that you try to use a zaphod style
> > ^^^^^^^^
> >> xorg.conf with xrandr. That don't mix. I learned that the hard way.
> >
> > You just made my day
>
> Zaphod style? What is that?

You perhaps are not familiar with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the
Galaxy. A picture is worth a thousand words:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/gallery/tv/zaphod2.shtml
Meet Zaphod Beeblebrox.

(Unfortunately you don't get quite the same effect using the Zaphod
from the new movie. Nobody stacks twinview/cinerama like *that*!)

Cheers,

A lot of money is tainted. It taint yours and it taint mine.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1104 days, 11:15

Old 12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Graham Murray

Roger Mason <rmason@mun.ca> writes:

> Zaphod style? What is that?

Two headed

Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Roger Mason

Willie Wong <wwong@math.princeton.edu> writes:

>> Zaphod style? What is that?
>>

> You perhaps are not familiar with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the
> Galaxy. A picture is worth a thousand words:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/gallery/tv/zaphod2.shtml
> Meet Zaphod Beeblebrox.
>
> (Unfortunately you don't get quite the same effect using the Zaphod
> from the new movie. Nobody stacks twinview/cinerama like *that*!)

Two headed. Duh! I should have figured it out. I heard HGG on the
radio in the 1970's (?).

Roger