FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-13-2009, 01:11 PM
 
Default libsamplerate fails to compile

Hi,

currently there are problems to compile libsamplerate.

Log /var/log/portage/media-libs:libsamplerate-0.1.4:20091213-133105.log
is:

[ ok ]
* Running eautoreconf in '/home/mccramer/data/portagetmp/portage/media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.4/work/libsamplerate-0.1.4' ...
* Running aclocal ... [ !! ]

* Failed Running aclocal !
*
* Include in your bugreport the contents of:
*
* /home/mccramer/data/portagetmp/portage/media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.4/temp/aclocal.out

*
* ERROR: media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.4 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_unpack
* environment, line 2731: Called eautoreconf
* environment, line 863: Called eaclocal
* environment, line 802: Called autotools_run_tool 'aclocal'
* environment, line 358: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "Failed Running $1 !";
* The die message:
* Failed Running aclocal !
*
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/log/portage/media-libs:libsamplerate-0.1.4:20091213-133105.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/home/mccramer/data/portagetmp/portage/media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.4/temp/environment'.


In other cases aclocal works fine...

Best regards.
mcc

--
Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.
 
Old 12-13-2009, 01:55 PM
"Arttu V."
 
Default libsamplerate fails to compile

On 12/13/09, meino.cramer@gmx.de <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> * Failed Running aclocal !
> *
> * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
> *
> *
> /home/mccramer/data/portagetmp/portage/media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.4/temp/aclocal.out

What does that file contain?

--
Arttu V.
 
Old 12-13-2009, 03:46 PM
 
Default libsamplerate fails to compile

Arttu V. <arttuv69@gmail.com> [09-12-13 17:08]:
> On 12/13/09, meino.cramer@gmx.de <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> > * Failed Running aclocal !
> > *
> > * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
> > *
> > *
> > /home/mccramer/data/portagetmp/portage/media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.4/temp/aclocal.out
>
> What does that file contain?
>
> --
> Arttu V.
>

Contents:

***** aclocal *****
***** PWD: /home/mccramer/data/portagetmp/portage/media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.4/work/libsamplerate-0.1.4
***** aclocal

aclocal: couldn't open directory `/usr/share/aclocal-1.7': No such file or directory



Question is: Why does libsamplerate needs that and others (more
exactly "no others") dont?

The directory does not exists, but

/usr/share/sclocal

and

/usr/share/sclocal-1.10

does.



--
Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.
 
Old 12-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default libsamplerate fails to compile

On Sunday 13 December 2009 18:46:38 meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> Arttu V. <arttuv69@gmail.com> [09-12-13 17:08]:
> > On 12/13/09, meino.cramer@gmx.de <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> > > * Failed Running aclocal !
> > > *
> > > * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
> > > *
> > > *
> > > /home/mccramer/data/portagetmp/portage/media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.4/t
> > >emp/aclocal.out
> >
> > What does that file contain?
>
> Contents:
>
> ***** aclocal *****
> ***** PWD:
> /home/mccramer/data/portagetmp/portage/media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.4/work
> /libsamplerate-0.1.4 ***** aclocal
>
> aclocal: couldn't open directory `/usr/share/aclocal-1.7': No such file or
> directory
>
>
>
> Question is: Why does libsamplerate needs that and others (more
> exactly "no others") dont?
>
> The directory does not exists, but
>
> /usr/share/sclocal
>
> and
>
> /usr/share/sclocal-1.10
>
> does.
>

My guess is that there's a missing DEPEND in the libsamplerate ebuild.
My following guess is that the dev has automake:1.7 installed and hasn't seen
the dependency.

Do this:

emerge -1 automake:1.7
emerge libsamplerate

If it then succeeds, file a bug


--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:15 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org