Old 12-12-2009, 06:46 PM
walt

Default xorg-server-1.6.5-r1 'Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap'

On 12/12/2009 12:55 AM, Mick wrote:

Not sure if it is related but I am getting this:

Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libltdl.so.3 is not a symbolic link

What does this mean? revdep-rebuild does not show anything needing to
be rebuilt.

That must be a very old file. Here's what I have:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 41652 2009-12-08 06:30 /usr/lib/libltdl.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 919 2009-12-08 06:30 /usr/lib/libltdl.la
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2009-12-08 06:31 /usr/lib/libltdl.so -> libltdl.so.7.2.1*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2009-12-08 06:31 /usr/lib/libltdl.so.7 -> libltdl.so.7.2.1*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 34252 2009-12-08 06:30 /usr/lib/libltdl.so.7.2.1*

If you also have these files then just delete the so.3 version.

Otherwise, I've downgraded xkbcomp with no joy and now I am
downgrading xorg-server to see if this has any effect.

I'm struggling to understand all the keyboard stuff too. Do you still
use an xorg.conf file? If you are using evdev then you should not be
using the xf86-input-mouse or xf86-input-keyboard drivers, just the
xf86-input-evdev driver. I have the entire input section of xorg.conf
commented out and evdev seems to be the default input driver now.

I'll bet xdm is hiding the really helpful error messages, so I would
shut off xdm and use startx to see if you get any better information.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:54 PM
walt