Old 12-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Robin Atwood

Default Trouble with weather plasmoids

Since the massive Qt 4.6.0/KDE 4.3.4 update I have noticed that the search
widget for the various weather plasmoids always returns "Cannot find 'London'"
or whatever. This is on two systems; anyone else notice this?

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling

Old 12-13-2009, 02:44 PM
sean

Robin Atwood wrote:
> Since the massive Qt 4.6.0/KDE 4.3.4 update I have noticed that the search
> widget for the various weather plasmoids always returns "Cannot find 'London'"
> or whatever. This is on two systems; anyone else notice this?

Just tried it here, and had the same results as you wrote.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Matthias Krebs

Am Sonntag 13 Dezember 2009 16:44:49 schrieb sean:
> Robin Atwood wrote:
> > Since the massive Qt 4.6.0/KDE 4.3.4 update I have noticed that the
> > search widget for the various weather plasmoids always returns "Cannot
> > find 'London'" or whatever. This is on two systems; anyone else notice
> > this?
>
> Just tried it here, and had the same results as you wrote.

This has been fixed upstream, but it's not in portage yet.

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84388&sid=db3072b20e6b7a1afaa 29f2fe7c44d3c

Old 12-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Robin Atwood

On Monday 14 December 2009, Matthias Krebs wrote:
> Am Sonntag 13 Dezember 2009 16:44:49 schrieb sean:
> > Robin Atwood wrote:
> > > Since the massive Qt 4.6.0/KDE 4.3.4 update I have noticed that the
> > > search widget for the various weather plasmoids always returns "Cannot
> > > find 'London'" or whatever. This is on two systems; anyone else notice
> > > this?
> >
> > Just tried it here, and had the same results as you wrote.
>
> This has been fixed upstream, but it's not in portage yet.
>
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84388&sid=db3072b20e6b7a1afaa 29f2
> fe7c44d3c

There is a new version of yawp (0.3.2) which has the option of searching
Accuweather and that works.

HTH