Old 12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Allan Gottlieb

Default udev and SYSFS_DEPRECATED

Today's emerge gave the following warning (in red).
* CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED: should not be set. But it is.
* CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2: should not be set. But it is.

Does this mean I must make that change in the kernel config today
(I shutdown each night) or can it wait for 2 days when my schedule
eases?

thanks,
allan

Old 12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 10:09:49 -0500, Allan Gottlieb wrote:

> Today's emerge gave the following warning (in red).
> * CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED: should not be set. But it is.
> * CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2: should not be set. But it is.
>
> Does this mean I must make that change in the kernel config today
> (I shutdown each night) or can it wait for 2 days when my schedule
> eases?

The word is "should" not "must". You can still run with these options
set, but unset them when it is convenient.

--
Neil Bothwick

When puns are outlawed only outlaws will have puns.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Allan Gottlieb

At Tue, 08 Dec 2009 15:26:26 +0000 Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 10:09:49 -0500, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
>
>> Today's emerge gave the following warning (in red).
>> * CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED: should not be set. But it is.
>> * CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2: should not be set. But it is.
>>
>> Does this mean I must make that change in the kernel config today
>> (I shutdown each night) or can it wait for 2 days when my schedule
>> eases?
>
> The word is "should" not "must". You can still run with these options
> set, but unset them when it is convenient.

Thank you. That is what I thought, but wanted to be sure.
allan

Old 12-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Kelly Hirai