Old 12-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Kenneth Prugh

Default kde 4.3.4 crashing after login

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 00:26:32 +0100
Johannes Kimmel <johannes.kimmel@gmx.de> wrote:

There's a discussion on the forum about this issue currently at
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6085003

Reports that downgrading hal to 0.5.13-r2 fixes the issue (it did
for me).

Old 12-06-2009, 05:54 AM
"Dirk Heinrichs"

Am Sonntag 06 Dezember 2009 01:27:49 schrieb Kenneth Prugh:
> On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 00:26:32 +0100
> Johannes Kimmel <johannes.kimmel@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> There's a discussion on the forum about this issue currently at
> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6085003
>
> Reports that downgrading hal to 0.5.13-r2 fixes the issue (it did
> for me).

Good to know.

Ah, just as I saw this, my sync has finished and paludis reports it would like
to downgrade hal. So it seems Gentoo devs did already react to the problem.

Bye...

Dirk

Old 12-06-2009, 07:33 AM
"Dirk Heinrichs"

Am Sonntag 06 Dezember 2009 07:54:45 schrieb Dirk Heinrichs:
> Am Sonntag 06 Dezember 2009 01:27:49 schrieb Kenneth Prugh:
> > Reports that downgrading hal to 0.5.13-r2 fixes the issue (it did
> > for me).
>
> Good to know.

And indeed, I have a fully functional KDE again.

Bye...

Dirk

Old 12-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Johannes Kimmel

Kenneth Prugh wrote:

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 00:26:32 +0100
There's a discussion on the forum about this issue currently at
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6085003

Reports that downgrading hal to 0.5.13-r2 fixes the issue (it did
for me).

Downgrading solved the problem, thanks a lot

Johannes Kimmel