-   -   kde 4.3.4 crashing after login (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/291106-kde-4-3-4-crashing-after-login.html)

Kenneth Prugh 12-05-2009 11:27 PM

kde 4.3.4 crashing after login

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 00:26:32 +0100
Johannes Kimmel <johannes.kimmel@gmx.de> wrote:

There's a discussion on the forum about this issue currently at
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6085003

Reports that downgrading hal to 0.5.13-r2 fixes the issue (it did
for me).

"Dirk Heinrichs" 12-06-2009 05:54 AM

Am Sonntag 06 Dezember 2009 01:27:49 schrieb Kenneth Prugh:
> On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 00:26:32 +0100
> Johannes Kimmel <johannes.kimmel@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> There's a discussion on the forum about this issue currently at
> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6085003
>
> Reports that downgrading hal to 0.5.13-r2 fixes the issue (it did
> for me).

Good to know.

Ah, just as I saw this, my sync has finished and paludis reports it would like
to downgrade hal. So it seems Gentoo devs did already react to the problem.

Bye...

Dirk

"Dirk Heinrichs" 12-06-2009 07:33 AM

Am Sonntag 06 Dezember 2009 07:54:45 schrieb Dirk Heinrichs:
> Am Sonntag 06 Dezember 2009 01:27:49 schrieb Kenneth Prugh:
> > Reports that downgrading hal to 0.5.13-r2 fixes the issue (it did
> > for me).
>
> Good to know.

And indeed, I have a fully functional KDE again.

Bye...

Dirk

Johannes Kimmel 12-06-2009 11:55 AM

Kenneth Prugh wrote:

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 00:26:32 +0100
There's a discussion on the forum about this issue currently at
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6085003

Reports that downgrading hal to 0.5.13-r2 fixes the issue (it did
for me).

Downgrading solved the problem, thanks a lot :)

Johannes Kimmel