Old 11-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Mick

Default Opera 10.10 says I've got Java?

Version information

Version 10.10
Build 4742
Platform Linux
System i686, 2.6.30-gentoo-r8
Qt library 4.5.3
Java Java Runtime Environment installed

However, for all I know I do not have anything Java installed and
aboutlugins does not show Java either. Is this worth reporting as bug?
Mick

Old 11-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Håkon Alstadheim

Mick skrev:

Version information

Version 10.10
Build 4742
Platform Linux
System i686, 2.6.30-gentoo-r8
Qt library 4.5.3
Java Java Runtime Environment installed

However, for all I know I do not have anything Java installed and
aboutlugins does not show Java either. Is this worth reporting as bug?

Opera does not run java as a plugin, you point opera directly at the
jre. Find the setting grouped somewhere under "web contents".

Old 11-27-2009, 06:17 AM
Mick

On Thursday 26 November 2009 23:25:56 Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
> Mick skrev:
> > Version information
> >
> > Version 10.10
> > Build 4742
> > Platform Linux
> > System i686, 2.6.30-gentoo-r8
> > Qt library 4.5.3
> > Java Java Runtime Environment installed
> >
> > However, for all I know I do not have anything Java installed and
> > aboutlugins does not show Java either. Is this worth reporting as bug?
>
> Opera does not run java as a plugin, you point opera directly at the
> jre. Find the setting grouped somewhere under "web contents".

Thanks, Java is shown as disabled under Preferences/Contents. Either way this
is what I expected since I do not have Java on my machine. The oddity is that
the about page reports JRE as installed.
Mick