Old 11-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Maxim Wexler

Default prune gentoo-sources vs rm gentoo-sources

Hi group,

according to the docs the approved method of removing old
gentoo-sources is emerge --prune. But I've already used rm -rf on
them. Have I set myself up for a problem later?

Maxim

Old 11-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Donnerstag 26 November 2009, Maxim Wexler wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> according to the docs the approved method of removing old
> gentoo-sources is emerge --prune. But I've already used rm -rf on
> them. Have I set myself up for a problem later?
>
> Maxim

no.

in fact, i always remove the sources with -rf before I unmerge them. It is A
LOT faster that way.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Thursday 26 November 2009 19:25:25 Maxim Wexler wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> according to the docs the approved method of removing old
> gentoo-sources is emerge --prune. But I've already used rm -rf on
> them. Have I set myself up for a problem later?

No.

Beware --prune. It removes all but the latest SLOT. That night not be what you
want.

portage doesn't do anything unusual when unmerging packages that have files
missing. It simply notes that they are missing and continues deleting the ones
that are there.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com