Old 11-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Urs Schuetz

Default Missing /tmp/.sockets or slow program start

Hi

My system went pretty slow this days, xemacs used about 5 seconds to startup. I remember that this startup time was much faster before.
After a little tinkering i found that xemacs pauses during startup at acessing /tmp/.sockets, which did not exist on my box. After creating this file (touch /tmp/.sockets as user) xemacs fires up almost intantanous, which is how it was some time before.

My question: What program is creating /tmp/.sockets? Did I mess up any configuration?

Urs