Old 11-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Julien Gormotte

Default Bittorent black box

laurent <laurent@logiquefloue.org> a écrit*:

Canek Peláez Valdés a écrit :
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Canek Peláez Valdés
<caneko@gmail.com> wrote:

2009/11/24 <roundyz@hotmail.ru>:

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:02 PM, laurent <laurent@logiquefloue.org> wrote:

Hi,

I would like to use my server as bittorent client and maybe
tracker later.

I would like to have a web interface but I could also develop it myself
later.

I saw, qbittorent and hrktorrent that looks good. I don't know any
features
of the last one.
What would you recommend to use?

I use Vuze (formerly Azureus) with VNC, and I control it with its web
interface when I'm not inside my LAN:

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugin_details.php?plugin=webui

It's a little bloated, but it runs perfectly in my Atom powered
server, and it certainly has all the features a Torrent client can
have.

Regards.
--
Canek Pelez Valds
Instituto de Matemticas

You don't wanna be using that, try rtorrent. It's the nutts.

Actually, I DO wanna use Vuze, but thanks. I used rtorrent years ago;
maybe I will give it a try again. However, I don't see in their
homepage that it supports automatic download of torrents through an
RSS feed with regexp filters, like Vuze actually does.

For me, that's the killer feature of Vuze.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Instituto de Matemáticas

I stand corrected: the RSS utilities where hidden in the 3rd party
utilities link from the libtorrent (not rtorrent) page.

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki/UtilsList

It looks interesting; maybe I will try it again.

Regards.

would be better performance wise to launch it as a daemon?

my server is doing other stuff at same time.

Laurent

Hi,

I use Deluge. Server works a a daemon, there is a web interface, a GTK
one, and a console one.
Pretty configurable, stable, I used rtorrent for some time (with
screen), but I think Deluge is much more enjoyable to use.

Julien Gormotte

Old 11-25-2009, 01:25 PM
App Des

+1 for deluge, being for server (with web interface, the ajax interface is great) or just for desktop. The pre-made gentoo daemon for deluge is also very well made so you will have less job to do to get it working.

I first tried rtorrent but I think this software has many bugs. Even though I adjusted the global_max_downloads, rtorrent kept downloading unlimited torrents simultaneously which is unacceptable. also rtorrent for a strange reason stops downloading/uploading after some weeks in my case, this has never happened with deluge to me, and the same session is running for 1 month now non-stop.

Also I think rtorrent needs a better ncurses interface. It is a pain changing config parameters live, and generally working on it without plugging in a web interface. Even console versions of transmission and deluge are better than rtorrent.

In the old times that I used Azureus it was rock stable, I am happy to see someone still using it. I want to try the new vuze some time.

When transmission adds option for max simultaneous downloads/uploads , it will be worth checking out as well, right now it is so incomplete.

I would like to use my server as bittorent client and maybe tracker later.

I would like to have a web interface but I could also develop it myself later.

I saw, qbittorent and hrktorrent that looks good. I don't know any features of the last one.

What would you recommend to use?

thanks

Laurent

Old 11-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Christian Könitzer

I just installed delunge and it is very simple. You have to add a
username to the config file, change the boolean for the webGUI to true,
and start the init script.

So after a month using torrentflux I will try now delunge for a month.

While torrentflux gets installed as a webApp into apache, delunge is
independet of apache - but I wonder how to integrate delunge into
apache?