Old 11-22-2009, 07:26 PM
"Zeerak Waseem"

Default Keyboard not working as user, works as root (kde)

Hey,

I did an update lat night and my keyboard stopped working. What makes me
wonder though is that if x starts on it's own then i can type my password
and i get in, and then the keyboard stops working. If i change to another
tty and start x as root, there are no such issues (also starting x as user
from tty doesn't do anything about the keyboard not working).

These are the packages the update pulled in:

x11-libs/libX11-1.3.2
11-libs/libvdpau-0.3
app-admin/eselect-1.2.8
www-client/opera-10.10_pre4742

I tried downgrading to a stable build of libX11 but that didn't seem to
change anything.

I'm using a laptop and don't have an extern keyboard at hand to test. What
does more to boggle me is that the touchpad is functioning as it should.

Help?
Zeerak

Old 11-22-2009, 08:22 PM
"Zeerak Waseem"

[...]

Ps. I sent a mail out, however I'm not certain if i did it correctly,
hence this mail.