Old 11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Maxim Wexler

Default debugging SD card

Hi group,

My netbook uses an SD card for additional storage. I suspect it of
being buggy so I compiled the kernel with 'CONFIG_MMC_DEBUG=y'.
Questions are: how do I use it to check the SD card? Is this the
correct method?

Maxim

Old 11-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Marcus Wanner

My netbook uses an SD card for additional storage. I suspect it of
being buggy so I compiled the kernel with 'CONFIG_MMC_DEBUG=y'.
Questions are: how do I use it to check the SD card? Is this the
correct method?

Maxim

If you just want to test if it holds bit values correctly, I would write
a repeating pattern to it with dd and read it back, and see if they
match. That's all the advice I can give

Marcus