Old 11-21-2009, 06:56 AM
App Des

Default Slow samba transfers from gentoo to gentoo, any way to improve them?

I have a gentoo server running stable fully updated, and I share a folder with samba on a gigabit network.

The client dual boots Gentoo (stable again) and Windows 7.

Under windows 7, getting a file from the server achieves around 70MB/s

Under Gentoo, using gnome gvfs, it can only achieve around 30BM/s. I though that gvfs must be slow, and I tried manually using cifs mount, but again the speed dropped further to ~18mb/s.

Both the client and server happen to use exactly the same network card, so it must not be a network driver problem as all my gentoo systems use the same kernel, as the Windows performance is acceptable, something must go wrong in my client-desktop gentoo, any ideas?