Old 11-08-2009, 02:40 PM
José Romildo Malaquias

Default cdrecord fails to burn dvd

Hello.

Burning dvds with Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 on my Dell
Vostro 1510 notebook is always failing.

The device is identified as TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC and can write at 8x
speed.

The process starts and reports writing at 14.5x, but the media is not
burnt. cdrecord reaches but does not finish the fixation stage. It
reports an average write speed of 14.3x. When I manage to stop the
process (by rebooting the computer), I see the media has not been burnt
and it is not ruined. It can be reused.

With cdrkit, cdrecord finishes (after using different speeds, as 2x, 1x,
4x, 6x e 20x), but when reading the disc an input/output error is
reported.

With Nero Linux I can burn dvd discs without problems, though.

When I bought this notebook in january and first installed gentoo,
cdrecord used to work. Then at some point ago (probably after some
update) it has stopped working with the behaviour I have described
above. But by then I did not have the time to investigate, and keep
using only Nero, which continues to work well. Today I decided to
investigate a little more the problem, but could not reach to any
conclusions.

Any clues?

Romildo

Old 11-08-2009, 03:35 PM

José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Burning dvds with Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 on my Dell
> Vostro 1510 notebook is always failing.
>
> The device is identified as TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC and can write at 8x
> speed.
>
> The process starts and reports writing at 14.5x, but the media is not
> burnt. cdrecord reaches but does not finish the fixation stage. It
> reports an average write speed of 14.3x. When I manage to stop the
> process (by rebooting the computer), I see the media has not been burnt
> and it is not ruined. It can be reused.
>
> With cdrkit, cdrecord finishes (after using different speeds, as 2x, 1x,
> 4x, 6x e 20x), but when reading the disc an input/output error is
> reported.

wodim is known for not being able to support DVDs.

If you like to get help with cdrecord, I recommend you to first send information
and log files about your problem.

I need the following:

The version number of cdrecord that caused the bug.
The command line that was used for the failing command.
The complete output (including error messages) from 'cdrecord -v ...' (use
"script" to fetch the output)
Probably the important part of the 'cdrecord -V' output if we agreed on it
The OS name, release and hardware (processor)
Special conditions of your environment (libc vers. SCSI transport ...)
Sufficient information on the media used. This is at least the ATIP data, a
note to CD-R/CD-RW and information on the state and the case history of this
media.

If cdrecord reports a higher speed than possible, I would guess that the Linux
kernel does not set up DMA correctly.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Old 11-09-2009, 12:23 AM
José Romildo Malaquias

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 05:35:50PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > Burning dvds with Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 on my Dell
> > Vostro 1510 notebook is always failing.
> >
> > The device is identified as TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC and can write at 8x
> > speed.
> >
> > The process starts and reports writing at 14.5x, but the media is not
> > burnt. cdrecord reaches but does not finish the fixation stage. It
> > reports an average write speed of 14.3x. When I manage to stop the
> > process (by rebooting the computer), I see the media has not been burnt
> > and it is not ruined. It can be reused.
> >
> > With cdrkit, cdrecord finishes (after using different speeds, as 2x, 1x,
> > 4x, 6x e 20x), but when reading the disc an input/output error is
> > reported.
>
> wodim is known for not being able to support DVDs.
>
> If you like to get help with cdrecord, I recommend you to first send
> information and log files about your problem.
>
> I need the following:
>
> The version number of cdrecord that caused the bug.
> The command line that was used for the failing command.
> The complete output (including error messages) from 'cdrecord -v ...' (use
> "script" to fetch the output)
> Probably the important part of the 'cdrecord -V' output if we agreed on it
> The OS name, release and hardware (processor)
> Special conditions of your environment (libc vers. SCSI transport ...)
> Sufficient information on the media used. This is at least the ATIP
> data, a note to CD-R/CD-RW and information on the state and the case
> history of this media.
>
> If cdrecord reports a higher speed than possible, I would guess that
> the Linux kernel does not set up DMA correctly.
>
> Jörg

Most of the requested information can be found in the attached log file.

I do not know how to get the ATIP data on the media used. But I can say
that I have recently used more than 200 discs of this brand (Kodak) and
it has shown very reliable. cdrecord has no problems with it on my
desktop computer. The problem happens just in my notebook. Therefore it
suggests the problem is not with the media.

If you need any more information, just ask.

Romildo
$ uname -a
Linux jrm 2.6.31-gentoo-r5 #1 SMP Sat Nov 7 21:58:34 BRST 2009 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

$ /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.11, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.4.2.
Compiled on a Linux >>2.6.31-gentoo-r4<< system on 2009-11-07.
Available extensions:
C stubs add-on version 2.1.2
crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
Gentoo patchset 2
GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
BIND-8.2.3-T5B
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

$ lsscsi --list --long 3:0:0:0
[3:0:0:0] cd/dvd TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC A.06 /dev/sr0
device_blocked=0
iocounterbits=32
iodone_cnt=0xf2e
ioerr_cnt=0x3
iorequest_cnt=0x2548
queue_depth=1
queue_type=none
scsi_level=6
state=running
timeout=30
type=5

$ lsscsi --transport 3:0:0:0
[3:0:0:0] cd/dvd ata: /dev/sr0

# hdparm -i /dev/sr0 | grep dma
DMA modes: mdma0 mdma1 mdma2
UDMA modes: udma0 udma1 *udma2

$ cdrecord --version
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2009 Jörg Schilling

$ cdrecord -checkdrive
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2009 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
No target specified, trying to find one...
Using dev=3,0,0.
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 5
Response Format: 2
Capabilities :
Vendor_info : 'TEAC '
Identifikation : 'DVD+-RW DVW28SLC'
Revision : 'A.06'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM driver (mmc_dvd).
Driver flags : NO-CD DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
cdrecord: Warning: The DMA speed test has been skipped.

$ cdrecord -v -sao -eject speed=8 fs=256m driveropts=burnfree /var/tmp/image.iso
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2009 Jörg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
Driveropts: 'burnfree'
SCSI buffer size: 32768
No target specified, trying to find one...
Using dev=3,0,0.
atapi: 1
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 5
Response Format: 2
Capabilities :
Vendor_info : 'TEAC '
Identifikation : 'DVD+-RW DVW28SLC'
Revision : 'A.06'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
Current: DVD-R sequential recording
Profile: DVD+R/DL
Profile: DVD+R
Profile: DVD+RW
Profile: DVD-R/DL layer jump recording
Profile: DVD-R/DL sequential recording
Profile: DVD-RW sequential recording
Profile: DVD-RW restricted overwrite
Profile: DVD-RAM
Profile: Removable Disk
Profile: DVD-R sequential recording (current)
Profile: DVD-ROM
Profile: CD-RW
Profile: CD-R
Profile: CD-ROM
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM driver (mmc_dvd).
Driver flags : NO-CD DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
Drive buf size : 1605632 = 1568 KB
cdrecord: Warning: The DMA speed test has been skipped.
FIFO size : 268435456 = 262144 KB
Track 01: data 4460 MB
Total size: 4460 MB = 2283726 sectors
Current Secsize: 2048
Total power on hours: 0
Blocks total: 2298496 Blocks current: 2298496 Blocks remaining: 14770
Starting to write CD/DVD/BD at speed 8 in real SAO mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write 0 seconds. Operation starts.
Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
BURN-Free is ON.
Starting new track at sector: 0
Track 01: 4460 of 4460 MB written (fifo 100%) [buf 100%] 14.5x.
Track 01: Total bytes read/written: 4677070848/4677070848 (2283726 sectors).
Writing time: 236.844s
Average write speed 14.3x.
Min drive buffer fill was 100%
Fixating...
^Ccdrecord: Caught interrupt.
^Ccdrecord: Caught interrupt.
cdrecord: Second interrupt. Doing hard abort.
cdrecord: fifo had 142733 puts and 142733 gets.
cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 9923 times full, min fill was 95%.
Script done, file is cdrecord.log

Old 11-09-2009, 06:59 AM
José Romildo Malaquias

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 11:23:50PM -0200, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 05:35:50PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> > > Burning dvds with Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 on my Dell
> > > Vostro 1510 notebook is always failing.
[...]
> > I need the following:
[...]
> > Sufficient information on the media used. This is at least the ATIP
> > data, a note to CD-R/CD-RW and information on the state and the case
> > history of this media.
[...]
> I do not know how to get the ATIP data on the media used. But I can say
> that I have recently used more than 200 discs of this brand (Kodak) and
> it has shown very reliable. cdrecord has no problems with it on my
> desktop computer. The problem happens just in my notebook. Therefore it
> suggests the problem is not with the media.

Attached is information related to the ATIP of the media, get with
cdrecod and dvd+rw-mediainfo.

Romildo
$ cdrecord -atip
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2009 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
No target specified, trying to find one...
Using dev=3,0,0.
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 5
Response Format: 2
Capabilities :
Vendor_info : 'TEAC '
Identifikation : 'DVD+-RW DVW28SLC'
Revision : 'A.06'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM driver (mmc_dvd).
Driver flags : NO-CD DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
cdrecord: Warning: The DMA speed test has been skipped.
book type: DVD-R, Version 2.0x (2.5)
disc size: 120mm (0)
maximum rate: Not specified (15)
number of layers:1
track path: Parallel Track Path (0)
layer type: Rewritable Area (2)
linear density: 0.267 µm/bit (0)
track density: 0.74 µm/track (0)
phys start: 196608 (0x30000)
phys end: 0
end layer 0: 0
bca: 0
phys size:... -196607
copyr prot type: 0
region mgt info: 0
last rma sector: 0
application code:64
physical code: 193
last rec address:16621272
part v./ext code:5/2
ind wr. power: 135
wavelength code: 13
write str. code: 10 66 78 80
Manufacturer: 'UME01'
rzone size: 36
rzone number: 1
border number: 1
ljrs: 0
track mode: 4 copy: 0
damage: 0
reserved track: 0 blank: 1 incremental: 0 fp: 0
data mode: 1
lra valid: 0
nwa valid: 1
rzone start: 0
next wr addr: 0
free blocks: 2298496
blocking factor: 16
rzone size: 2298496
last recorded addr: 0

Capacity Blklen/Sparesz. Format-type Type
16777215 2048 0x00 No Media Present or Unknown Capacity

$ dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/sr0
INQUIRY: [TEAC ][DVD+-RW DVW28SLC][A.06]
GET [CURRENT] CONFIGURATION:
Mounted Media: 11h, DVD-R Sequential
Media ID: UME01
Current Write Speed: 8.0x1385=11080KB/s
Write Speed #0: 8.0x1385=11080KB/s
Write Speed #1: 6.0x1385=8310KB/s
Write Speed #2: 4.0x1385=5540KB/s
Write Speed #3: 2.0x1385=2770KB/s
Speed Descriptor#0: 00/2298495 R@8.0x1385=11080KB/s W@8.0x1385=11080KB/s
Speed Descriptor#1: 00/2298495 R@6.0x1385=8310KB/s W@6.0x1385=8310KB/s
Speed Descriptor#2: 00/2298495 R@4.0x1385=5540KB/s W@4.0x1385=5540KB/s
Speed Descriptor#3: 00/2298495 R@2.0x1385=2770KB/s W@2.0x1385=2770KB/s
READ DVD STRUCTURE[#10h]:
Media Book Type: 00h, DVD-ROM book [revision 0]
Legacy lead-out at: 2298496*2KB=4707319808
READ DVD STRUCTURE[#0h]:
Media Book Type: 25h, DVD-R book [revision 5]
Last border-out at: 2045*2KB=4188160
READ DISC INFORMATION:
Disc status: blank
Number of Sessions: 1
State of Last Session: empty
"Next" Track: 1
Number of Tracks: 1
READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
Track State: blank
Track Start Address: 0*2KB
Next Writable Address: 0*2KB
Free Blocks: 2298496*2KB
Track Size: 2298496*2KB
READ CAPACITY: 0*2048=0

Old 11-09-2009, 08:11 AM

José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Most of the requested information can be found in the attached log file.
>
> I do not know how to get the ATIP data on the media used. But I can say

Call cdrecord -atip

For the medium state, I would need the output from cdrecord -minfo
before and after you tries to burn.

> that I have recently used more than 200 discs of this brand (Kodak) and
> it has shown very reliable. cdrecord has no problems with it on my
> desktop computer. The problem happens just in my notebook. Therefore it
> suggests the problem is not with the media.

Did you ever write a DVD-R with this hardware?

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Old 11-09-2009, 10:36 AM
José Romildo Malaquias

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 10:11:40AM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Most of the requested information can be found in the attached log file.
> >
> > I do not know how to get the ATIP data on the media used. But I can say
>
> Call cdrecord -atip

By searching the cdrecord man page I have found it. Thanks anyway.

> For the medium state, I would need the output from cdrecord -minfo
> before and after you tries to burn.
>

> > that I have recently used more than 200 discs of this brand (Kodak) and
> > it has shown very reliable. cdrecord has no problems with it on my
> > desktop computer. The problem happens just in my notebook. Therefore it
> > suggests the problem is not with the media.
>
> Did you ever write a DVD-R with this hardware?

Yes I have written some DVD-R discs with this hardware. When I bought
the notebook and installed gentoo in last January, burning with cdrecord
(from cdrtools) used to work. Sometime later (about one month, but I am
not sure) it stopped working. Probably after some upgrade. I do not
remeber exactly. By then I could not look at the problem because of lack
of time. Since then I have been using Nero Linux for recording DVD-R
discs without problems.

Some information I have sent in previous messages may not be accurate
enough because I have forgotten to change the media to a new unused
one. So I am attaching a new file with the output of some requested
commands.

Romildo
[...]
Track State: invisible incremental
Track Start Address: 0*2KB
Next Writable Address: 0*2KB
Free Blocks: 2297888*2KB
Track Size: 2297888*2KB
READ CAPACITY: 0*2048=0

$ cdrecord -atip
[...]

$ cdrecord -minfo
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2009 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
No target specified, trying to find one...
Using dev=3,0,0.
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 5
Response Format: 2
Capabilities :
Vendor_info : 'TEAC '
Identifikation : 'DVD+-RW DVW28SLC'
Revision : 'A.06'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM driver (mmc_dvd).
Driver flags : NO-CD DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
cdrecord: Warning: The DMA speed test has been skipped.
Mounted media class: DVD
Mounted media type: DVD-R sequential recording
Disk Is not erasable
data type: standard
disk status: empty
session status: empty
BG format status: none
first track: 1
number of sessions: 1
first track in last sess: 1
last track in last sess: 1
Disk Is unrestricted
Disk type: DVD, HD-DVD or BD

Track Sess Type Start Addr End Addr Size
1 1 Blank 0 2298495 2298496

Next writable address: 0
Remaining writable size: 2298496

$ script -f -c "cdrecord -v -sao -eject speed=8 fs=256m driveropts=burnfree /var/tmp/image.iso" cdrecord.log
Script started, file is cdrecord.log
[...]
Track 01: data 4421 MB
Total size: 4421 MB = 2264000 sectors
Current Secsize: 2048
Total power on hours: 0
Blocks total: 2298496 Blocks current: 2298496 Blocks remaining: 34496
Starting to write CD/DVD/BD at speed 8 in real SAO mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write 0 seconds. Operation starts.
Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
BURN-Free is ON.
Starting new track at sector: 0
Track 01: 4421 of 4421 MB written (fifo 100%) [buf 100%] 14.5x.
Track 01: Total bytes read/written: 4636672000/4636672000 (2264000 sectors).
Writing time: 233.595s
Average write speed 14.3x.
Min drive buffer fill was 100%
Fixating...
cdrecord: Input/output error. flush cache: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 35 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 72 0B 00 00 00 00 00 0E 09 0C 00 00 00 02 00 0C
Sense Key: 0x0 No Additional Sense, Segment 11
Sense Code: 0x00 Qual 0x02 (end-of-partition/medium detected) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 1071.160s timeout 1000s
Trouble flushing the cache
cdrecord: Cannot fixate disk.
Fixating time: 1071.160s
cdrecord: Input/output error. prevent/allow medium removal: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 1E 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 200s
cdrecord: Input/output error. start/stop unit: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 1B 00 00 00 02 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 200s
cdrecord: Cannot eject media.
cdrecord: fifo had 141500 puts and 141500 gets.
cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 9862 times full, min fill was 96%.
Script done, file is cdrecord.log

$ cdrecord -minfo
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2009 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
No target specified, trying to find one...
cdrecord: Success. Cannot open or use SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

##### After rebooting ...

$ cdrecord -minfo

Old 11-10-2009, 03:33 PM

José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Did you ever write a DVD-R with this hardware?
>
> Yes I have written some DVD-R discs with this hardware. When I bought
> the notebook and installed gentoo in last January, burning with cdrecord
> (from cdrtools) used to work. Sometime later (about one month, but I am
> not sure) it stopped working. Probably after some upgrade. I do not
> remeber exactly. By then I could not look at the problem because of lack
> of time. Since then I have been using Nero Linux for recording DVD-R
> discs without problems.
>
> Some information I have sent in previous messages may not be accurate
> enough because I have forgotten to change the media to a new unused
> one. So I am attaching a new file with the output of some requested
> commands.

With the messages you send, it cannot be cdrecord but either your drive
or the Linux kernel.

One interesting point is that cdrecord is unable to do a DMA speed test.
THis may have different reasons and without knowing the reason, I cannot
say more...

You may try to call cdrecord -v -checkdrive -V

and have a look at the SCSI read buffer command.

You also may try to reduce the transfer size to 16 kb by adding "ts=16k"
to the command line in hope that it is a driver bug that goes away with smaller
transfer sizes.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Old 11-11-2009, 08:43 AM
José Romildo Malaquias

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 05:33:46PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Did you ever write a DVD-R with this hardware?
> >
> > Yes I have written some DVD-R discs with this hardware. When I bought
> > the notebook and installed gentoo in last January, burning with cdrecord
> > (from cdrtools) used to work. Sometime later (about one month, but I am
> > not sure) it stopped working. Probably after some upgrade. I do not
> > remeber exactly. By then I could not look at the problem because of lack
> > of time. Since then I have been using Nero Linux for recording DVD-R
> > discs without problems.
> >
> > Some information I have sent in previous messages may not be accurate
> > enough because I have forgotten to change the media to a new unused
> > one. So I am attaching a new file with the output of some requested
> > commands.
>
> With the messages you send, it cannot be cdrecord but either your drive
> or the Linux kernel.
>
> One interesting point is that cdrecord is unable to do a DMA speed test.
> THis may have different reasons and without knowing the reason, I cannot
> say more...
>
> You may try to call cdrecord -v -checkdrive -V
>
> and have a look at the SCSI read buffer command.

Unfortanatly I do not know how to deal with the output of the above
command. So I am attaching it here (cdrecord0.log) and maybe someaone
can find anything unexpected in it.

> You also may try to reduce the transfer size to 16 kb by adding
> "ts=16k" to the command line in hope that it is a driver bug that goes
> away with smaller transfer sizes.

With "ts=16k" the speed is around 2.4x, but the disc is still not burn
at the end. This time there was more problems, though. See the output of
the command

script -f -c "cdrecord -v -sao -eject -ts=16 speed=8 fs=256m driveropts=burnfree /var/tmp/image.iso" cdrecord.log

in the attached cdrecor.log file.

This time glibc detected a cdrecord double free or corruption error.

Romildo
Script started on Wed 11 Nov 2009 07:40:03 AM BRST
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2009 Jörg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
SCSI buffer size: 32768
No target specified, trying to find one...

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'inquiry' command on Bus 0 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 12 00 00 00 24 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s
Inquiry Data : 00 00 05 02 5B 00 00 00 41 54 41 20 20 20 20 20 46 55 4A 49 54 53 55 20 4D 48 5A 32 32 35 30 42 30 30 38 35

Executing 'inquiry' command on Bus 0 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 12 00 00 00 60 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s
Inquiry Data : 00 00 05 02 5B 00 00 00 41 54 41 20 20 20 20 20 46 55 4A 49 54 53 55 20 4D 48 5A 32 32 35 30 42 30 30 38 35 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 60 03 20 02 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Inquiry Data : ....[...ATA FUJITSU MHZ2250B0085.......................`. .`................................

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 1, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 2, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 3, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 4, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 5, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 6, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 7, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 8, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 9, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 10, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 11, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 12, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 13, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 14, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 0 Target 15, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.007s timeout 40s

Executing 'inquiry' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 12 00 00 00 24 00
cmd finished after 0.003s timeout 40s
Inquiry Data : 05 80 05 32 5B 00 00 00 54 45 41 43 20 20 20 20 44 56 44 2B 2D 52 57 20 44 56 57 32 38 53 4C 43 41 2E 30 36

Executing 'inquiry' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 12 00 00 00 60 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s
Inquiry Data : 05 80 05 32 5B 00 00 00 54 45 41 43 20 20 20 20 44 56 44 2B 2D 52 57 20 44 56 57 32 38 53 4C 43 41 2E 30 36 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Inquiry Data : ...2[...TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLCA.06 ........................................

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s

Executing 'mode sense g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 5A 00 3F 00 00 00 00 00 08 00
cmd finished after 0.008s timeout 40s
Mode Sense Data 00 C0 41 00 00 00 00 00

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s

Executing 'mode sense g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 5A 00 2A 00 00 00 00 00 02 00
cmd finished after 0.008s timeout 40s
Mode Sense Data 00 4A
Mode Sense Data (converted) 47

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'mode sense g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 5A 00 2A 00 00 00 00 00 4C 00
cmd finished after 0.007s timeout 40s
Mode Sense Data 00 4A 41 00 00 00 00 00 2A 42 3F 37 F1 63 09 23 15 A4 01 00 07 D0 15 A4 00 00 2B 48 2B 48 00 01 00 00 00 00 2B 48 00 04 00 00 2B 48 00 00 20 76 00 00 15 A4 00 00 0A D2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Sense Data (converted) 47 41 00 00 2A 42 3F 37 F1 63 09 23 15 A4 01 00 07 D0 15 A4 00 00 2B 48 2B 48 00 01 00 00 00 00 2B 48 00 04 00 00 2B 48 00 00 20 76 00 00 15 A4 00 00 0A D2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Sense Data 47 41 00 00 2A 42 3F 37 F1 63 09 23 15 A4 01 00 07 D0 15 A4 00 00 2B 48 2B 48 00 01 00 00 00 00 2B 48 00 04 00 00 2B 48 00 00 20 76 00 00 15 A4 00 00 0A D2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Page Data 2A 42 3F 37 F1 63 09 23 15 A4 01 00 07 D0 15 A4 00 00 2B 48 2B 48 00 01 00 00 00 00 2B 48 00 04 00 00 2B 48 00 00 20 76 00 00 15 A4 00 00 0A D2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

[...]

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 1, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 2, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 3, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 4, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 5, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 6, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 7, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 8, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 9, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 10, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 11, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 12, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 13, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 14, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 15, Lun 0 timeout 40s
[...]

cmd finished after 0.004s timeout 40s

[...]

cmd finished after 0.009s timeout 40s
[...]

Executing 'get_configuration' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 46 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00
cmd finished after 0.013s timeout 40s

Executing 'get_configuration' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 46 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 54 00
cmd finished after 0.017s timeout 40s

Executing 'get_configuration' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 46 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00
cmd finished after 0.014s timeout 40s

[...]

cmd finished after 0.015s timeout 40s

Executing 'get_configuration' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 46 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00
cmd finished after 0.014s timeout 40s

Executing 'get_configuration' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 46 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 54 00
cmd finished after 0.018s timeout 40s
[...]

Executing 'get performance' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: AC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 03 00
cmd finished after 0.003s timeout 40s

Executing 'get performance' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: AC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 03 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s

Executing 'mode sense g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 5A 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 02 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. mode sense g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 5A 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 02 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 CD
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x24 Qual 0x00 (invalid field in cdb) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid) error refers to command part, bit ptr 5 (valid) field ptr 0
cmd finished after 0.010s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.003s timeout 40s

Executing 'mode sense g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 5A 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 08 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. mode sense g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 5A 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 08 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 CD
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x24 Qual 0x00 (invalid field in cdb) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid) error refers to command part, bit ptr 5 (valid) field ptr 0
cmd finished after 0.008s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s

Executing 'mode sense g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 5A 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 02 00
cmd finished after 0.006s timeout 40s
Mode Sense Data 00 3A
Mode Sense Data (converted) 37

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s

Executing 'mode sense g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 5A 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
cmd finished after 0.008s timeout 40s
Mode Sense Data 00 3A 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 61 C4 08 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Sense Data (converted) 37 41 00 00 05 32 61 C4 08 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Sense Data 37 41 00 00 05 32 61 C4 08 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Page Data 05 32 61 C4 08 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

[...]

Mode Parameters (un-converted) 00 41 00 00 05 32 61 C4 08 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Parameters 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 61 C4 08 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Executing 'mode select g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s

Executing 'mode sense g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 5A 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 02 00
cmd finished after 0.007s timeout 40s
Mode Sense Data 00 3A
Mode Sense Data (converted) 37

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.002s timeout 40s

[...]

Mode Parameters (un-converted) 00 41 00 00 05 32 60 C5 08 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Parameters 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 60 C5 08 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Executing 'mode select g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s
Mode Parameters (un-converted) 00 41 00 00 05 32 62 C4 08 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Parameters 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 62 C4 08 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Executing 'mode select g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s
Mode Parameters (un-converted) 00 41 00 00 05 32 62 C4 02 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Parameters 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 62 C4 02 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Executing 'mode select g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s
Mode Parameters (un-converted) 00 41 00 00 05 32 62 C4 03 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Parameters 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 62 C4 03 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Executing 'mode select g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s
Mode Parameters (un-converted) 00 41 00 00 05 32 63 C4 01 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Parameters 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 63 C4 01 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Executing 'mode select g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. mode select g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 26 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x26 Qual 0x00 (invalid field in parameter list) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.009s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.003s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s
Mode Parameters (un-converted) 00 41 00 00 05 32 63 C4 02 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Parameters 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 63 C4 02 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Executing 'mode select g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. mode select g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 26 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x26 Qual 0x00 (invalid field in parameter list) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.014s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.003s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s
Mode Parameters (un-converted) 00 41 00 00 05 32 63 C4 03 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Parameters 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 63 C4 03 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Executing 'mode select g1' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. mode select g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 26 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x26 Qual 0x00 (invalid field in parameter list) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.016s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s

Executing 'test unit ready' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s
Mode Parameters (un-converted) 00 41 00 00 05 32 64 C4 03 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Parameters 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 64 C4 03 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

[...]

Mode Sense Data 00 3A 41 00 00 00 00 00 05 32 64 C4 03 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Sense Data (converted) 37 41 00 00 05 32 64 C4 03 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Sense Data 37 41 00 00 05 32 64 C4 03 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mode Page Data 05 32 64 C4 03 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 96 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

[...]

Set Set Set Set Set Set Set Set Set Set Set Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM driver (mmc_dvd).
Driver flags : NO-CD DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP

Executing 'read buffer cap' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 100s
CDB: 5C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0C 00
cmd finished after 0.002s timeout 100s
BFree: 1568 K BSize: 1568 K

Executing 'read buffer' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 100s
CDB: 3C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. read buffer: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 3C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x24 Qual 0x00 (invalid field in cdb) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.009s timeout 100s
Drive buf size : 1605632 = 1568 KB

Executing 'read buffer' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 100s
CDB: 3C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. read buffer: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 3C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x24 Qual 0x00 (invalid field in cdb) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.007s timeout 100s
cdrecord: Warning: The DMA speed test has been skipped.

Script done on Wed 11 Nov 2009 07:40:04 AM BRST
Script started on Wed 11 Nov 2009 06:31:38 AM BRST
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2009 Jörg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
Driveropts: 'burnfree'
SCSI buffer size: 16
[...]
Track 01: data 4286 MB
Total size: 4286 MB = 2194442 sectors
Current Secsize: 2048
Total power on hours: 0
Blocks total: 2298496 Blocks current: 2298496 Blocks remaining: 104054
Reducing transfer size from 16 to 2048 bytes.
Starting to write CD/DVD/BD at speed 8 in real SAO mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write in 9 seconds. 8 seconds. 7 seconds. 6 seconds. 5 seconds. 4 seconds. 3 seconds. 2 seconds. 1 seconds. 0 seconds. Operation starts.
Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
BURN-Free is ON.
Starting new track at sector: 0

Track 01: 0 of 4286 MB written.
Track 01: 1 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 65%] 2.6x.
Track 01: 2 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 1.4x.
Track 01: 3 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 4 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 5 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 6 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 7 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 8 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 9 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 10 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 11 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 12 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 13 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 14 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 15 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 16 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 17 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 18 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 19 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 20 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 21 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.1x.
Track 01: 22 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 23 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 24 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 25 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 26 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 27 of 4286 MB written (fifo 100%) [buf 100%] 2.0x.
Track 01: 28 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 29 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 30 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 31 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 32 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 33 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 1.8x.
Track 01: 34 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 35 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 36 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 37 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 38 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 39 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 40 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 41 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 42 of 4286 MB written (fifo 100%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 43 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 44 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 1.6x.
Track 01: 45 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 46 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.4x.
Track 01: 47 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 48 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 49 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 50 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 51 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01: 52 of 4286 MB written (fifo 100%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 53 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 54 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 55 of 4286 MB written (fifo 100%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 56 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 57 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.5x.
Track 01: 58 of 4286 MB written (fifo 99%) [buf 100%] 2.3x.
Track 01:

Old 11-11-2009, 04:03 PM

José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You may try to call cdrecord -v -checkdrive -V
> >
> > and have a look at the SCSI read buffer command.
>
> Unfortanatly I do not know how to deal with the output of the above
> command. So I am attaching it here (cdrecord0.log) and maybe someaone
> can find anything unexpected in it.

OK, the drive does not support the read buffer command, this is why cdrecord
cannot do a DMA speed test.

But you have a massive problem in the linux kernel that needs to be
investigated. The test unit ready command _cannot_ return a "fatal"
SCSI transport error as long as there is a drive connected.

Please start with running the "scgcheck" command to get some informations
on the compliance problems in your linux kernel.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 PM
José Romildo Malaquias

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 06:03:39PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> OK, the drive does not support the read buffer command, this is why cdrecord
> cannot do a DMA speed test.
>
> But you have a massive problem in the linux kernel that needs to be
> investigated. The test unit ready command _cannot_ return a "fatal"
> SCSI transport error as long as there is a drive connected.
>
> Please start with running the "scgcheck" command to get some informations
> on the compliance problems in your linux kernel.

The output of scgcheck is attached to this message.

Romildo
# scgcheck
Scgcheck 2.01.01a67 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) SCSI user level transport library ABI checker.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Jörg Schilling
**********> Checking whether your implementation supports to scan the SCSI bus.
Trying to open device: '(NULL POINTER)'.
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'
Max DMA buffer size: 32768
scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) 'ATA ' 'FUJITSU MHZ2250B' '0085' Disk
0,1,0 1) *
0,2,0 2) *
0,3,0 3) *
0,4,0 4) *
0,5,0 5) *
0,6,0 6) *
0,7,0 7) *
scsibus3:
3,0,0 300) 'TEAC ' 'DVD+-RW DVW28SLC' 'A.06' Removable CD-ROM
3,1,0 301) *
3,2,0 302) *
3,3,0 303) *
3,4,0 304) *
3,5,0 305) *
3,6,0 306) *
3,7,0 307) *
----------> SCSI scan bus test PASSED
For the next test we need to open a single SCSI device.
Best results will be obtained if you specify a modern CD-ROM drive.
No target specified, trying to find one...
Using dev=3,0,0.
Enter SCSI device name [3,0,0]:
Trying to open device: '3,0,0'.
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'
Max DMA buffer size: 131072
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 5
Response Format: 2
Capabilities :
Vendor_info : 'TEAC '
Identifikation : 'DVD+-RW DVW28SLC'
Revision : 'A.06'
Ready to start test for second SCSI open? Enter <CR> to continue:
First SCSI open OK - device usable
**********> Checking for second SCSI open.
Second SCSI open for same device succeeded, 1 additional file descriptor(s) used.
Second SCSI open is usable
Closing second SCSI.
Checking first SCSI.
First SCSI open is still usable
----------> Second SCSI open test PASSED.
First SCSI open is still usable
Ready to start test for succeeded command? Enter <CR> to continue:
**********> Checking for succeeded SCSI command.

Executing 'inquiry' command on Bus 3 Target 0, Lun 0 timeout 40s
CDB: 12 00 00 00 24 00
cmd finished after 0.004s timeout 40s
Inquiry Data : 05 80 05 32 5B 00 00 00 54 45 41 43 20 20 20 20 44 56 44 2B 2D 52 57 20 44 56 57 32 38 53 4C 43 41 2E 30 36
----------> SCSI succeeded command test PASSED
Ready to start test for failing command? Enter <CR> to continue:
**********> Testing for failed SCSI command.
Inquiry did not fail.
This may be because the firmware in your drive is buggy.
If the current drive is not a CD-ROM drive please restart
the test utility. Otherwise remove any medium from the drive.
Ready to start test for failing command? Enter <CR> to continue:
scgcheck: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 3A 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x2 Not Ready, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x3A Qual 0x00 (medium not present) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.007s timeout 40s
----------> SCSI failed command test PASSED
Ready to start test for sense data count? Enter <CR> to continue:
**********> Testing for SCSI sense data count.
**********> Testing if at least CCS_SENSE_LEN (18) is supported...
Sense Data: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 3A 00 00 00 00 00
----------> Method 0x00: expected: 18 reported: 16 max found: 13
Sense Data: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 3A 00 00 00 FF FF
----------> Method 0xFF: expected: 18 reported: 16 max found: 16
----------> Minimum standard (CCS) sense length failed
----------> Wanted 18 sense bytes, got (16)
**********> Testing for 32 bytes of sense data...
Sense Data: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 3A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
----------> Method 0x00: expected: 32 reported: 16 max found: 13
Sense Data: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 3A 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF