Old 11-07-2009, 08:49 PM
James

Default help with tinydns setup

All,

I'm trying to set up a DNS server here for a lab environment.

- hijacking a TLD (linux.com let's say, as an example)
- trying to point several Linux boxen in a sandbox with no internet connectivity

So, here's a copy of my tinydns data file:

.linux.com:172.18.109.125:a:259200
=server1.linux.com:14.17.108.241:86400
=server2.linux.com:14.17.108.242:86400

I've been following instructions on the following two pages in order
to get some guidance on where I'm going with this:

http://www.fredshack.com/docs/djbdns.html
http://wiki.vpslink.com/HOWTO:_Setup_a_DNS_server_with_tinydns

Inside of /etc/dnscache/root/servers/linux.com I have "127.0.0.1" so
that the server knows to query the tinydns daemon running.
Unfortunately, however, a "dig @<ipAddr> server1.linux.com" doesn't
seem to work.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!