Old 11-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Harry Putnam

Default Where to get /etc/make.conf.example

Elog is not sending me anything and I wanted to look at
/etc/make.conf.example but turns out I don't have one.

I thought I might find one in whatever package includes /etc/make.conf
but `equery belongs /etc/make.conf' comes up dry.

Is there some way to get one, short of downloading a stage3 and
unpacking it?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Friday 06 November 2009 16:43:32 Harry Putnam wrote:
> Elog is not sending me anything and I wanted to look at
> /etc/make.conf.example but turns out I don't have one.
>
> I thought I might find one in whatever package includes
/etc/make.conf
> but `equery belongs /etc/make.conf' comes up dry.
>
> Is there some way to get one, short of downloading a stage3 and
> unpacking it?

$ locate make.conf.example
/usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com