Old 11-05-2009, 04:59 PM
James

Default Wine and h.264

Kyle Adams <kaddeh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> If I recall, vlc has a x264 USE flag for the h.264 codec.Do you just want t
see if it works on wine?How are you trying to run the exe files?CheersKad

I need this application, as it receives h.264 streams from their hardware
encoders (surveillance) system.

I installed q4wine. I manually ran the install shield and it put the executables
and dlls into this dir:

/home/james/.wine/drive_c/windows/

If I go through the kde 4.2 desktop(q4wine), the app shows up. Attempts
to run it result in bouncing app but no softare gui opens up.....
If I go to the dir and type
./<name.exe> it cannot execute the (binary) file.
Permissions are OK.

Obviously I've munged things up as I could not find a guide on installing
an app with wine:

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Wine

is not detailed enough to be useful for me.

James

Old 11-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Kyle Adams

James,

try doing "wine <name.exe>"

Cheers

Kad

Old 11-05-2009, 05:18 PM
James

Kyle Adams <kaddeh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> James,try doing "wine <name.exe>"

OK, so I cd to this dir:

~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/NVR Server

then entered wine NVR Server.exe

and it cannot find files that are in the exact
same dir. So I guess it is a path problem?

During the running of the install-shield I just
used the default dir setting for choices.

How to fix or delete and start over?

err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"C:Program
FilesNVR ServerHikDiskTape.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library HikDiskTape.dll (which is needed by L"C:Program
FilesNVR ServerNVR Server.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"C:Program
FilesNVR ServerPlayerLayer.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library PlayerLayer.dll (which is needed by L"C:Program
FilesNVR ServerDVRClientLayer.dll") not found

<snip>
James

Old 11-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Alan McKinnon

Don't even bother with stable wine. keyword it in package.keywords, merge 1.1.32 and try again.

Wine changes rapidly - 1.1.12 is 3 months behind

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 7:37 PM, James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm certainly very new to Wine. I'm trying to test

this software on Wine and Gentoo:

http://www.hikvision.com/en/enproducts1.asp?tid=25&bgclassid=12&classid="">

Hikvision Client Software 4000 V2.0 (Build 090813)

it allow H.264 encoded software to be viewed on a PC. It works well

on Windows, but, I thought I'd give it a whirl on Gentoo.

I emerged wine (1.1.12), copied the executable to my dir

(/.wine/drive_c/windows) and tried to run it. *Somehow

I *ran the install shield program, but none of the exe

files work.

Did I botch the process? I have not used wine, in a

very long time....

suggestions and examples to follow on installation/config

and running windoz apps are most welcome.

James

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Kyle Adams

*If memory serves, MFC42.DLL is something that doesn't come with wine due to the fact that it is a Microsoft-only DLL.
That seems to be breaking everything else. :/

Cheers

Kad

Old 11-05-2009, 05:47 PM
James

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Don't even bother with stable wine. keyword it in package.keywords, merge
1.1.32 and try again.Wine changes rapidly - 1.1.12 is 3 months behind

Udating bout 27 packages with -uD......

thx,

James

Old 11-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Alan McKinnon

A previous poster mentioned MFC42.DLL

Install that using winetricks by Dan Kegel (Google
will find it for you)

*