Old 11-05-2009, 04:37 PM
James

Default Wine and h.264

Hello,

I'm certainly very new to Wine. I'm trying to test
this software on Wine and Gentoo:

http://www.hikvision.com/en/enproducts1.asp?tid=25&bgclassid=12&classid=25&act =d

Hikvision Client Software 4000 V2.0 (Build 090813)

it allow H.264 encoded software to be viewed on a PC. It works well
on Windows, but, I thought I'd give it a whirl on Gentoo.

I emerged wine (1.1.12), copied the executable to my dir
(/.wine/drive_c/windows) and tried to run it. Somehow
I ran the install shield program, but none of the exe
files work.

Did I botch the process? I have not used wine, in a
very long time....

suggestions and examples to follow on installation/config
and running windoz apps are most welcome.

James

Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Kyle Adams

If I recall, vlc has a x264 USE flag for the h.264 codec.
Do you just want t* see if it works on wine?
How are you trying to run the exe files?

Cheers

Kad