-   -   confusing slot problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/275124-confusing-slot-problem.html)

Kevin Haddock 11-05-2009 05:37 AM

confusing slot problem

Hi everyone. I have an older copy of glibc being brought in by virtual/glibc but all the applications have been compiled against a later version, but it won't let me update because it says that there is a conflict. How should I resolve this? Can I just unmerge the virtual and re-merge it? It gives me warnings when I 'pretend' to do this that it could damage my system.

-Kevin

-----

People originally thought the eternal question was:

"Why am I here?"

But now we know the question is actually:

"Why is THAT THERE?"

-Me

Alan McKinnon 11-05-2009 07:30 AM

confusing slot problem

On Thursday 05 November 2009 08:37:56 Kevin Haddock wrote:
> Hi everyone. I have an older copy of glibc being brought in by
> virtual/glibc but all the applications have been compiled against a later
> version, but it won't let me update because it says that there is a
> conflict. How should I resolve this? Can I just unmerge the virtual and
> re-merge it? It gives me warnings when I 'pretend' to do this that it
> could damage my system.

output of relevant emerge with -t set on please

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com