Old 11-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Grant

Default Sound card drivers must be modules?

I'm trying to configure my laptop's internal sound card and external
USB sound card. I have /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel index=0

alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=1

and restarting alsasound I get:

WARNING: Module snd_hda_intel not found.
WARNING: Module snd_usb_audio not found.

Do I have to compile both drivers as modules in order to use them both?

- Grant