Old 11-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Nicolas Sebrecht

Default debug and regular library

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 01:56:29PM +0200, Krzysztof Poc wrote:

> I would like to install the debugged version of glibc. Compiled with
> symbols and minimal optimization. I don't want it to be the default
> libc in my
> system. I want to link it only with some programs.
> I'm familiar with the following document:
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml?style=printable
> How can I solve my problem.

What I would do is to install it by hand somewhere in my home (or create
a personal ebuild). You would have to manually set the good path to this
dependency when compiling those programs (or again write your own
ebuilds).

I don't think that portage has any feature to allow a plainly
automagically support for what you want. You also may want to look for
"how to write ports of a library" (don't know if such a documentation
exists).

--
Nicolas Sebrecht