Old 11-04-2009, 04:23 AM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default portage sends faulty emails

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:58:53 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

> > Are you using ssmtp to send them? If so, you need to set hostname

> > in /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf.

> I have no idea how they are being sent. *This just started

> autonomously. *I don't even know off hand what ssmtp is.

What does "emerge --info -v | grep ELOG" show.

ssmtp is a minimal mail relay server, installed as part of @system.

--

Neil Bothwick

The people who are wrapped up in themselves are overdressed.

It shows the below.* So it appears I've been asking for email all along, but only just now was it even working enough to fail visibly.

But: there is no /etc/ssmtp directory, let alone a config file.* That could explain a lot, but I need some help fixing it.

PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="info, warn, error, log"
PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILFROM="portage@localhost"

PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILSUBJECT="[portage] ebuild log for ${PACKAGE} on ${HOST}"
PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root"
PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Old 11-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 22:23:32 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

> But: there is no /etc/ssmtp directory, let alone a config file. That
> could explain a lot, but I need some help fixing it.

emerge --oneshot --noconfmem ssmtp

--
Neil Bothwick

Do I BELIEVE in the Bible?! HELL man, I've SEEN one!!!